Bedard on the block?

JTrea81

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I dont understand.

Why dont the Orioles offer him an extension and if he says no, just trade him or threaten to trade him to like Texas. About as far Canada as possible

WHat would this accomplish?

Threaten him with a trade? Like he cares.

He has no control right now...After 2009, he will.

Are you people really so naive to think that tons of deals get made at the deadline? Look at the past few years....not much going on. So we have 10 other guys to unload for the future. Why unload one of your best in the last 10 years?

Bedard has been my favorite Oriole in the last 3 years so of course this hits home for me. Trade Bedard and we pay. You cant guarantee what you get back. You can guarantee that a healthy Bedard can almost pitch well at will.

How do you get the players to fill the numerous holes this organization has to build around Bedard? I hope you aren't naive enough to think that it can be accomplished via free agency. The farm system is still a couple years away from really being able to make a big impact. How do you quickly build w/o trading one or two of the guys on your build around list in a quality for quantity of quality type of trade?

How do you get the players to fill the numerous holes this organization has to build around Bedard? I hope you aren't naive enough to think that it can be accomplished via free agency. The farm system is still a couple years away from really being able to make a big impact. How do you quickly build w/o trading one or two of the guys on your build around list in a quality for quantity of quality type of trade?

Makin' way too much sense here---BEWARE, LOGIC OVERLOAD.

For my 4,000th post, I am going to say:

DONT TRADE BEDARD. HE IS THE FUTURE OF THIS ORGANIZATION. IF MCPHAIL IS LOOKING TO MAKE A WINNER OF THIS TEAM YOU START THAT BY KEEPING THE CORE OF PLAYERS THAT WILL GET YOU THERE.

BEDARD, ROBERTS, MARKAKIS, LOEWEN, PENN. THATS WHO YOU BUILD AROUND.

Are you people really so naive to think that tons of deals get made at the deadline? Look at the past few years....not much going on. So we have 10 other guys to unload for the future. Why unload one of your best in the last 10 years?

Bedard has been my favorite Oriole in the last 3 years so of course this hits home for me. Trade Bedard and we pay. You cant guarantee what you get back. You can guarantee that a healthy Bedard can almost pitch well at will.

Boogi is back!!!!!! Happy 4000 now play nice!

WHat would this accomplish?

Threaten him with a trade? Like he cares.

He has no control right now...After 2009, he will.

What a dumb question. I told you in the post what it would accomplish.

If he says no to an extenstion, we trade him when we get a satisfactory deal for him. Now or in the offseason.

Or we just threaten to send him somewhere and hope he signs a deal through like 2011

What a dumb question. I told you in the post what it would accomplish.

If he says no to an extenstion, we trade him when we get a satisfactory deal for him. Now or in the offseason.

Or we just threaten to send him somewhere and hope he signs a deal through like 2011

Threatening to trade him to Texas isn't going to do anything...lol

Threatening to trade him to Texas isn't going to do anything...lol

Then he doesnt sign an extension and we trade him for the best deal we can get now or in the offseason.

Not that hard to understand. If he doesnt want to sign, trade him.

I put it in bold so SG could get it through his head.

Then he doesnt sign an extension and we trade him for the best deal we can get now or in the offseason.

Not that hard to understand. If he doesnt want to sign, trade him.

I put it in bold so SG could get it through his head.

I am not disputing that....I am talking about you threatening him and trading him far away from Canada...As if that is going to matter to him at all.

I would try to extend him for four years and if it can't be done then trade him. You don't have to threaten the poor guy!

Isnt it the concesnsus he wants to play in Canada? Trading him as far away as possible wouldnt sit well if that is true. If he says no that would mean he doesnt want to be an Oriole. So give him his wish and trade him.

If it is obvious he has no intention of being an Oriole. If both the offers are the same and one is farther away from Canada, trade him there.

I think we should explore what's available for Bedard, but If we deal him we are filling one whole and opening up another. I think that the chances of any of our young pitchers (olson, loewen, penn, erbe, beato...) putting up the type of numbers Bedard has the last couple of seasons is extremely low. Then next year we don't have a legit #1 guy. Guthrie has been a pleasant surprise, but let's face it he has so much more to prove that he's anywhere close to a #1 guy.

So I'm saying, trading Bedard could help our team offensively. But we all need to remeber that guys with a 3.22 ERA, who lead the league in strikeouts by a vast margin don't come around too often.

Archived