MacPhail has TOTAL control? Not what I hear!

Guest Sailor Jerry

If MacPhail quit outright over this, he'd be hard pressed to find another job in baseball, near-term. It wouldn't reflect well on him. This argument that he'd quit already is a red herring, IMO, because if anything he hasn't shown himself to be impulsive when it comes to decisions, quite the opposite.

20 years from now after PGA is gone, we will still have people blaming him for anything that doesn't go our way. Bank on it!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If AM thought this was a big deal he would've quit already. Owners have a right to some involvment. We are talking about someone that does have value to the organization. Once again big deal made out of nothing!

They do, but you have to agree that's it is far from optimal for an owner who is not a baseball guy believing he knows whats best for the minor league system over someone with MacPhail's credentials. How does Angelos overruling his baseball people help the organization improve?

Sadly- we have fans of the team, and then we have fans of bashing Angelos. Lets be happy about how much are organization as a hole has grown in the last year. There are alot of positives going on. Lets be fans of the team continually developing instead of fans that are looking for something to bash.

I don't realize criticism was off limits. At least they didn't blame Angelos for global warming; that was Tejada's fault. Pass the koolaid, but I won't be drinklng it.

If Peter Angelos invented a cure for the common cold, there would still be people around Baltimore sneezing.

That has nothing to do with him being right or wrong in this case (although to be fair we only have one source, which I will take as credible, and no background information, so maybe we should put away our Jump-to-ConclusionsTM mats for the moment) but is absolutely the truth.

Sadly- we have fans of the team, and then we have fans of bashing Angelos. Lets be happy about how much are organization as a hole has grown in the last year. There are alot of positives going on. Lets be fans of the team continually developing instead of fans that are looking for something to bash.

Why is it sad?

You can't expect the fanbase to be gleefully optimistic about a new horizon after a decade of poor baseball.

I'm not looking for something to bash, I'm just taking the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

What good has Stockstill done?

Our development in the minor leagues has to be one of the worst in baseball..Players come up here and look completely unprepared.

I wonder why PA would like him to stay but this is bad news.

Belky...The point is that if 2 superior executives believe Stockstill should go, then PA should say fine, get rid of him.

I tell ya if Angelos wants to overrule MacPhail and get Tex and Burnett I'm all for it. I think Tex and Burnett would help heal some wounds in the fanbase. Baltimore has never really gone all in with a big FA since 2004.

MacPhail can run the rebuilding of the organization, but with Tex and Burnett on the market, now is not the time to be frugal with Angelos' cash. If Peter says "go get 'em," MacPhail had better do just that...

I tell ya if Angelos wants to overrule MacPhail and get Tex and Burnett I'm all for it. I think Tex and Burnett would help heal some wounds in the fanbase. Baltimore has never really gone all in with a big FA since 2004.

MacPhail can run the rebuilding of the organization, but with Tex and Burnett on the market, now is not the time to be frugal with Angelos' cash...

This is my thinking as well. I love AM, but I wouldn't mind seeing Angelos prod him a little bit to get Teixeira, Burnett, etc., this offseason.

MacPhail can run the rebuilding of the organization, but with Tex and Burnett on the market, now is not the time to be frugal with Angelos' cash. If Peter says "go get 'em," MacPhail had better do just that...

It's not an unlimited budget... Going crazy in 2008 means having to let players go you otherwise might have kept if not for budgetary constraints. You shouldn't lose sight of that as this team is not going to have a payroll that shoots past $100m.

This is my thinking as well. I love AM, but I wouldn't mind seeing Angelos prod him a little bit to get Teixeira, Burnett, etc., this offseason.

Forget prodding, I hope he's there with the whip saying "Ya!" given MacPhail's deliberate pace.

It's not an unlimited budget... Going crazy in 2008 means having to let players go you otherwise might have kept if not for budgetary constraints. You shouldn't lose sight of that as this team is not going to have a payroll that shoots past $100m.

It's up to Angelos how high he wants to raise the payroll. If he wants to go after Tex and Burnett, he'll raise it. The only limitation is how much Angelos wants to invest his own $ into the team.

Don't forget, we have no starting infield players under contract except for Wieters in 2010...

It's up to Angelos how high he wants to raise the payroll. If he wants to go after Tex and Burnett, he'll raise it. The only limitation is how much Angelos wants to invest his own $ into the team.

Don't forget, we have no starting infield players under contract except for Wieters in 2010...

What makes you think he wants to subsidize the team with any of his own $ even for Tex?

Archived