MacPhail has TOTAL control? Not what I hear!

Guest Sailor Jerry

What makes you think he wants to subsidize the team with any of his own $ even for Tex?

I'm sure the team has enough money to sign two Teixeira's and a Burnett. However, without personal financial help from PA, they would probably be the only three players on the field.

But IMO, I don't think Angelos goes into his personal vault for the team.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sailor Jerry
Sadly- we have fans of the team, and then we have fans of bashing Angelos. Lets be happy about how much are organization as a hole has grown in the last year. There are alot of positives going on. Lets be fans of the team continually developing instead of fans that are looking for something to bash.

You keep making excuses. My sources say Stocky makes little in the way of contributions. When he can't even get into the computer system to give reports on his players... dude has to go.

I have no idea whether Stockstill contributes in a positive way or not and I don't know if SJ's source is accurate.

However, a popular belief is that good organizations tend to win consistently and poor organizations tend to lose. I share that belief. I think most reasonable Oriole fans would agree that the Orioles have been a losing franchise for quite some time now and that reflects on the organization. Unfortunatley, we are the MLB equivalent of the LA Clippers or the Detroit Lions.

Therefore, I find SJ's comments disheartening, although not surprising. I have a feeling that even if the Orioles get somewhat better in the next few years, that that success will be short lived and we'll sink quickly back towards the bottom.

And that's not me simply "Angelos bashing or looking for something to bash."

You keep making excuses. My sources say Stocky makes little in the way of contributions. When he can't even get into the computer system to give reports on his players... dude has to go.

We don't even need a source for this one....The proof is what happens on the field. What exactly has he done to make this organization better?

For those who have asked, Dave Stockstill was hired by Beattie and Flanagan in 2004. Prior to that I believe he was with the O's as a roving instructor.

John Stockstill was brought over from the Cubs by Flanagan, in 2006, maybe?

I'm not making excuses. I care about what is on the field. Period! I know that we are on the right direction to compete consistently. I'm not into disecting every little move/ non-move that happens in the front office. We are going in the right direction and that is what's important to me.

I'm not making excuses. I care about what is on the field. Period! I know that we are on the right direction to compete consistently. I'm not into disecting every little move/ non-move that happens in the front office. We are going in the right direction and that is what's important to me.

I agree w/you that we are going in the right direction although maybe slower than necessary. There is so much more progress that could be made if ownership was willing to delegate and let the baseball decisions be made by the baseball people.

I understand what you're saying, Belkast, and I look at the O's progress and I see that we are moving in the right direction, so I don't think we're doomed. However, I still see this and it's a little disheartening. If Stockstill is ineffective, and AM AND Jordan wants him gone, then I think that he has to go, and PA HAS to defer to AM and his ability as an executive.

Now that I've gottent his open again, feel free to comment. I'm not revealing my source because I've been sworn to secrecy. But just when you thought the front office was cleaning up, bam, you hear this.

And if you still don't think Stocky is rubbing people the wrong way, ask yourself why a top prospect like Rowell isn't playing winter ball while a bunch of non-prospects who won't get past Frederick are in Hawaii. Hawaii being the same league guys like Wieters and Snyder and Arrietta played in last year.

Unbelievable.

Rowell didn't go Hawaii because of his attitude and his piss poor season, and Stockstill was right to knock the kid down a peg or two.

And I'm assuming Stockstill was also the one that brought in Griffin (an outsider) and reassigned Scotty Mac. That move was one of the best moves the Orioles have made to the minor league system in years. Griffin made a huge difference on the Bowie pitching staff this season.

Here's a quote from a blog entry from an O's farmhand...

We all had our individual meetings with our Minor League director. Basically what happens is you go into the room and sit down and he tells you your strengths and weaknesses the staff has identified.

There were a few funny things that transpired during these meetings.

When you walk into his office, there is a leather chair sitting in front of his desk for you to sit in. So of course, out of respect, you sit in this chair. Big mistake.

This chair is not a business chair. This chair is very awkward in size in the sense that it sits you very low to the ground, and it is too big for you to put your arms up on the armrests and still look professional. So as soon as you sit down, you immediately sink into this chair. Of course, your first reaction is to not slouch and look like a big boy. As you sit up straight, you try and rest your arms on the armrests, which is extremely hard to do and look natural because they're so far apart. So there you are, looking like a 6 year old in a recliner, looking up at this authority figure who is reading what you need to work on, and the only thing you can think about is "*expletive* man, I can't get comfortable in this chair."

Nonetheless, My strengths were

*EDITED*

My Weaknesses were

*EDITED*

So Naturally we're all interested what they have to say to one another about strength's and weaknesses. As everyone is coming out, we're all comparing to each other the details that the Director has just hit us with. Well, as *another O’s farmhand* walks out he has this kind of perplexed look on his face. So we asked him what was up.

Well, apparently during his meeting, one of his strengths was:

"Very Good Charter."

Not "good delivery", not "good FB,CH,SL", not anything related to pitching or really important....but "good charter."

Hey the orioles are in last for a reason.

Guest Sailor Jerry

You're saying the guy in charge of the entire farm system is a little move?

I'm not going to get emotional anymore. Angelos has decided once again it is his right to micromanage. As a result of keeping Dave Stocksdill our player development system will continue to lag behind other organizations.

I have decided that I will not boycott the Orioles. Quite the contrary, free tickets are becoming very easy to come by these days. So I will go for free and buy food and drinks from local vendors and bars. By my count I went to 8 games for free this past season and probably could go to a dozen next season.

And next season in September when the Angelos Orioles are desperate once again and offer $1 MASN nights I will pay my way in. This past season I saw the American League Champion Rays play the Orioles for $0.50 per game in a doubleheader.

So Angelos, just keep on butting in and overrulling your baseball executives. Go ahead, I won't get upset about your micromanagement. Quite the contrary, I am beyond the point of even caring.

For right now I will enjoy watching the Rays and Phillies play each other in the World Series. Either way the outcome reflects poorly on Angelos. One one hand the new world champion will be a smart, well-run baseball organization in Angelos' own division. On the other hand disgruntled ex-gm Pat Gillick could retire a World Series champion. By the way Angelos, how did that Jayson Werth trade work out for you? Oh yeah, that trade was engineered by your hand-picked baseball executive extraordinaire Syd Thrift.

Anyway, thanks for your insight Sailor Jerry. Insider information is always appreciated. I truly wish that the Orioles win again for the sake of all fans and local businesses. But this latest nugget of information makes me believe the Orioles will never be in the playoffs again under the ownership of the Angelos family. And I'm not going to lose any sleep over it either. I have accepted that Peter Angelos is a complete and utter failure as a baseball owner.

Go Orioles but also go Ravens, go Blast, go Terps!

And congragulations to the Rays and Phillies, go put on a show the rest of this Fall Classic!!

Here's a quote from a blog entry from an O's farmhand...

We all had our individual meetings with our Minor League director. Basically what happens is you go into the room and sit down and he tells you your strengths and weaknesses the staff has identified.

There were a few funny things that transpired during these meetings.

When you walk into his office, there is a leather chair sitting in front of his desk for you to sit in. So of course, out of respect, you sit in this chair. Big mistake.

This chair is not a business chair. This chair is very awkward in size in the sense that it sits you very low to the ground, and it is too big for you to put your arms up on the armrests and still look professional. So as soon as you sit down, you immediately sink into this chair. Of course, your first reaction is to not slouch and look like a big boy. As you sit up straight, you try and rest your arms on the armrests, which is extremely hard to do and look natural because they're so far apart. So there you are, looking like a 6 year old in a recliner, looking up at this authority figure who is reading what you need to work on, and the only thing you can think about is "*expletive* man, I can't get comfortable in this chair."

Nonetheless, My strengths were

*EDITED*

My Weaknesses were

*EDITED*

So Naturally we're all interested what they have to say to one another about strength's and weaknesses. As everyone is coming out, we're all comparing to each other the details that the Director has just hit us with. Well, as *another O’s farmhand* walks out he has this kind of perplexed look on his face. So we asked him what was up.

Well, apparently during his meeting, one of his strengths was:

"Very Good Charter."

Not "good delivery", not "good FB,CH,SL", not anything related to pitching or really important....but "good charter."

Hey the orioles are in last for a reason.

Charter = Character?

Where is this blog?

Charter = Character?

Where is this blog?

Is what I thought. Either way tho, Charter or Character, is that really the most important thing for him to tell them? And assumedly the only thing he told them? What do you do over the offseason to fix your charter/character? Go to church?

Rowell didn't go Hawaii because of his attitude and his piss poor season, and Stockstill was right to knock the kid down a peg or two.

And I'm assuming Stockstill was also the one that brought in Griffin (an outsider) and reassigned Scotty Mac. That move was one of the best moves the Orioles have made to the minor league system in years. Griffin made a huge difference on the Bowie pitching staff this season.

I thought I read on here rather often that Rowell had made a complete change in his attitude and was doing better? Now I see this. Which is true? Furthermore, if Rowell has not changed his attitude and is doing piss poor as suggested I have to think this kid is just a goofball and a total jerk who ought to be released. He can go work at Burger King.

Archived