O's need a better offense.

wildcard

14 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hot weather will probably make a difference on balls that are now caught on the warning track.   However that is true for both teams in a summer game in Baltimore and many other cities.

Yup.  Our hitting will get better but our pitching will probably get worse.   

I do think that in general, changes to the ball will lead to reduction in offense in 2021.

Today's lineup has 4 players with OBPs over .300.  Two of them are former prospects (Mullins and Stewart) who most of this board had identified as not being a future of this organization.  I believe I have even seen people suggest they should be released before.  

The other two are two free agent acquisitions who are clearly not a long term part of this organization.

This is not sad, its pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Pushmonkey said:

Try new 2nd base. Send down both Ruiz and Uriah heck send out both catchers. Heck send down Stewart and mountcastle to try to get things right bring up others at this point who cares treat this like spring training. 

Stewart?  What do you have against Stewart?  He's actually got an OPS+ of 108, higher than Mancini and almost three times Hays. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Stewart?  What do you have against Stewart?  He's actually got an OPS+ of 108, higher than Mancini and almost three times Hays. 

Nothing I like his approach. But the outfield is over crowded. He could DH. Maybe Mancini to dl? Heck I really don’t know.  

The good news is that we miss Cole in the Yankees series.  The bad news is that we’re only OPS’ing .560 against LH SP, and we have a stretch of games coming up where we see 5 in 7 games. We lack the pieces and roster flexibility, with the three man bench, the to match up. 

Valaika tuned up lefties pretty good last year. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

o

In the Yankees' series opener against the Orioles tonight,) Deivi Garcia )will be pitching for the first since his ill-fated outing as the "opener" against the D-Rays in Game 2 of the 2020 ALDS.

Deivi Garcia Making First Start Since Yankees Playoff Disaster

(By Dan Martin)

https://nypost.com/2021/04/25/deivi-garcia-making-first-start-since-yankees-disaster/

o

This offense still has the potential it showed last year and especially last September. I know we lost Nunez, Alberto, and Isglesias, all of which we’re having career years basically, but we have some good things going. 

Glass Half Full view -

- OF - Mullins and Stewart have become our most consistent hitters. AB to AB. 

- OF/1B Health is an issue with Hays, Mancini, and Santander. If healthy they should produce. 

- 3B/SS Galvis and Franco appear to be what we thought they would be. .750ish stop gaps. 

- What to do with Mountcastle?  Let him fight through it or turn to Diaz?

- 2B/C It may not be pretty but I think Ruiz has the potential to hit 15-20 HR at 2B. I just don’t know if that even will carry a .700 OPS. Severino should at least mash LHP. 

There is the potential here to have a solid everyday 1-8 type lineup. Especially if we go to a 4 man bench and match up Valaika vs LHP. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

So in 10 of their now 14 losses the Orioles have scored 2 runs or less. And the only hope is some of the players on the roster start heating up because help is not on the way. 

What help?  The Orioles are trying to rebuild in a world where your can't play your minor leaguers.  And the last time we saw those minor leaguers less than a handful actually did anything approaching above average with a bat.