Adley Rutschman 2021

glenn__davis

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Tides are 12-14 since Adley joined them, so if his winning character is supposed to rub off on his teammates, it hasn’t had much effect.   Of course, 12-14 (.462) is better than the previous 32-50 (.390).   

Have you looked at who else is there?

On 9/16/2021 at 1:33 PM, OrioleDog said:

Triples Machine!

Two games in a row, I guess he is trying to take away "not good at hitting triples" as an April justification, but I'm sure something will be figured out if its still part of the game.

Forget about Mauer with Power, how about Bench with Speed.  Seriously, though, it's hard not to get excited about Adley finally making it to the O's.

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• My thoughts: - I agree that the Achilles heel is the bullpen and not the offense (especially with Westburg, Mountcastle, Urias, and Kjerstad back). - I also agree that Perez is overused in high leverage situations. This is going to come down to the degree you expect his “clutch” performance to be predictive going forward.  - I second the notion that most good bullpens are built with some degree of dumpster diving.  If you go back to offseason threads, there were not many desired bullpen FA targets (outside of unrealistic ones like Hader) that would have worked out well.  Maybe we haven’t “dumpster dived” well enough as evidenced by the success of Kaleb Ort in Houston. - Jacob Webb hasn’t been sharp since returning from the IL and Bowman has looked shaky his last few times out. - We don’t have a true closer, only a group of mostly effective set-up men in Dominguez, Cano, and Coulombe. - Part of me wishes they would be more aggressive with G-Rod and the Mountain. While we expect the team to continue to contend, you never really know how many times you’ll be back in the playoffs. However, I know in my head they are probably making the right decision. - I also feel like they should be auditioning McDermot, Selby, Young, or Strowd (who has been very good since August after rough Norfolk start). They could option Baker who I think is unlikely to have a path to trusted status after last year’s ALDS performance. This feeling may be mostly driven by dissatisfaction with the current state and wanting something better.  It might be unrealistic to expect options unproven at the MLB level to suddenly step in and be key playoff pieces.
    • Oh if we’re talking about what they will do, I can see it being something stupid like McCann at C and Adley at DH. I do think Mullins has enough veteranosity to outweigh Hyde’s obsession with L/R matchups. 
    • I agree…just not sure the Os will feel that way.  
    • Yeah I can see Rivera at DH. That’s probably a better choice than Kjerstad against Skubal. I’d definitely go with Mullins and Cowser over Slater. Slater has been really bad against LH this year. Only a .543 OPS. He’s actually worse than Cowser against LH and slightly better than Mullins. 
    • Not that it matters, but for some reason I took a lot of heat for suggesting mid season that Basallo would end up #1. It’s all good. We don’t have to agree 100% on everything. 
    • I don’t think he’s gonna be a part of any playoff roster, but kudos for him to rehab all the way back just to be an option for us if needed.  Also, hopefully now he’s shaken the injury and can have a normal offseason and normal fall instructs.  He’s a dude that if he could just be another Dean Kremer, would be huge for this org. 
    • My guess is vs Skubal or Ragans, the Os will go with an IF of Gunnar, Westy, Mounty and Urias.  Rivera will DH. Santander starts in RF. Obviously one of Cowser or Mullins starts but do both of them start?  Would they start Slater? Lefties hit Ragans much better than righties do this year. Everyone is terrible vs Skubal although lefties are worse.  
  • Popular Contributors