What are the odds we end up getting Tex?

Frobby

What are the odds we land Teixeira?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds we land Teixeira?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't Tex a Yankee fan growing up?

No he was a Mattingly fan, but he rooted for the Orioles.

I must say the pessimistic attitude is incredible on here. People really think Angelos won't break the bank for Teixeira? Apparently people haven't seen the gaping hole at 1B waiting for Tex all these years...

The Angelos family wants Tex badly and Peter Angelos wants him to be part of his legacy, so Tex will be an Oriole. When Angelos wants something, he gets it...

I think people are really underestimating him on this one...

No he was a Mattingly fan, but he rooted for the Orioles.

I must say the pessimistic attitude is incredible on here. People really think Angelos won't break the bank for Teixeira? Apparently people haven't seen the gaping hole at 1B waiting for Tex all these years...

The Angelos family wants Tex badly and Peter Angelos wants him to be part of his legacy, so Tex will be an Oriole. When Angelos wants something, he gets it...

I think people are really underestimating him on this one...

You keep saying this, but besides your over ripe imagination, what evidence or sources do you have for this? Teix has two reasons to sign here: substantially more money and the fact that it's his home town. He could just as well get as much or more money from a contender, and he may not want to play close to home.

You keep saying this, but besides your over ripe imagination, what evidence or sources do you have for this? Teix has two reasons to sign here: substantially more money and the fact that it's his home town. He could just as well get as much or more money from a contender, and he may not want to play close to home.
I think PGA and sons probably want it more than anyone else in the warehouse.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1501546&postcount=47

So you are offering Bellcast's opinon as a definitive source? I see nothing in the post to indicate that it is based on insider ifo, and as such, it has no more value as conjecture than mine would.:rolleyestf:

Unlike yours, Belkast's is actually an informed opinion.

But it's obvious you just want to rain on my parade with your pessimistic views, luckily I've got my umbrella of optimism and positive thoughts about this offseason, so I'll just let you think your pessimistic thoughts only to be surprised later when we actually sign Tex...

I actually think going all in for Tex fits PA's MO. I think AM is the one that will have to be convinced. This does not mean AM doubts Tex's talent in anyway. I think PA will have to reassure AM that 8/160, or whatever it takes, will not tie AM's hands in continuing to develop a well stocked system to lead to long term success. I think the conversation might go like this. PA will tell AM he has his development/scouting budget that he has requested and 90 million per year to work with plus whatever it takes to get Tex done. It will take several years to get anywhere near that P/R level and AM will get on board.

Honestly the O's are in an advantagous position because of their SP prospects (unfortunately I have thought this before). The O's have a real chance to have a cheap top level rotations within two years. That will feed long term success if the O's make the right decisions. I envision the O's having the opportunity to move guys like guthrie prior to them reaching FA to keep the farm stocked and not have a hole in the rotation.

I picked 10-25%. I still think he goes to the Yankees. Growing up an Orioles fan is one thing, but after years of playing in the majors, I think your fandom for your hometown team starts to fade a bit. If he doesn't think the O's look like they'll be a contender (which is not only based on what the O's do, but on what the other AL East teams do), I don't think he'll sign here unless the money is more than other teams.

I think MacPhail needs to make some moves or at least get "press leaks" out there that he's working on some deals. His deliberate nature may not play well when trying to get Tex to sign here. If he doesn't see the team making strides towards improving, he might not see it as an optimal situation to get himself into. I mean, he can probably go play for a contender on this contract, and come to the Orioles in the twilight of his career, and still get that hometown hero welcome that he'd get now.

I think some people here are highly overvaluing the "hometown hero" factor, in thinking that Tex would pick the Orioles over other teams just because he rooted for them as a kid.

...so I'll just let you think your pessimistic thoughts only to be surprised later when we actually sign Tex...

Actually, that's my plan for the offseason in a nutshell: since the only thing the Warehouse values of mine is my annual season ticket payment, I'm going to assume that nothing I want to happen is going to happen...and then be very pleasantly surprised if it does! :laughlol:

Unlike yours, Belkast's is actually an informed opinion.

But it's obvious you just want to rain on my parade with your pessimistic views, luckily I've got my umbrella of optimism and positive thoughts about this offseason, so I'll just let you think your pessimistic thoughts only to be surprised later when we actually sign Tex...

Better get a beach umbrella because you assume too much. Belkast, like the others, always say to take the posts with a grain of salt. Furthermore, not every post he makes, has to be based on his "inside information." He has his own personal opinions.

I put greater then 50% since that was the highest guess allowed.

My guess is we go way overboard in dollars amd years. And I hope we don't end up regretting it, or at least not until the final years of the contract. How old will he be in July of 2014?

Archived