Michael Baumann 2021

Just Regular

On 5/26/2021 at 7:12 AM, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

Error by Patrick Dorian. Baumann def didn’t look good but Bishop (not familiar with him) looked atrocious. 

On 5/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, wildcard said:

Bishop did not do that well at A+ ball in 2019  but got a promotion anyway.

Looked today like he deserved the promotion.   5 shutout innings, 12 strikeouts.   

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

Looked today like he deserved the promotion.   5 shutout innings, 12 strikeouts.   

To be clear, those aren’t stats from Baumann’s last start. Baum Ann went 3 innings. Gave up a run, couple hits and had 3 walks.

6 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

To be clear, those aren’t stats from Baumann’s last start. Baum Ann went 3 innings. Gave up a run, couple hits and had 3 walks.

I was quoting two posts about Bishop.   That’s who I was referring to.   I realize this is a Baumann thread so I apologize for any confusion.   

I was at the game. My seats were along the third-base line, a little behind the bag and four rows behind the dugout. I didn’t have a good angle on his movement, but he was sitting 94 with his fastball and ran it up to 96 on occasion. Mixed in a couple of curves and off-speed pitches. Hartford was squaring him up pretty well, and he did seem to struggle with command, walking two in his final frame. Had a nice second inning, but  he labored otherwise.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babkins said:

I was at the game. My seats were along the third-base line, a little behind the bag and four rows behind the dugout. I didn’t have a good angle on his movement, but he was sitting 94 with his fastball and ran it up to 96 on occasion. Mixed in a couple of curves and off-speed pitches. Hartford was squaring him up pretty well, and he did seem to struggle with command, walking two in his final frame. Had a nice second inning, but  he labored otherwise.

Agree 100 percent about the command issues. He's nowhere near where the catcher puts the glove on most of his pitches. I'm hoping it's rust and not a injury issue, but I'm starting to get a little concerned