25 years ago today

SteveA

On 5/17/2021 at 8:48 PM, SteveA said:

I was there.  Watching this video, I don't remember all of the details.  Don't even remember the rain.  But I remember being in my old 29 game plan seats in the front row of Sec 360.  A great vantage point to watch the home run go soaring by us on its way to the LF stands.

I think(?) It is still the only 2-out full count grand slam when. Down by 3 in the bottom of the 9th in major league history.

By the way who is that old geezer being interviewed in the video pretending to be Chris Hoiles?  It can't be Hoiles because he is a year younger than I am!

I missed this. Talking about the 1890's Orioles and HOF pics. I went up in 2000. They had a big display touting all the HRs being hit (before it was all tainted...) McGwire and Sammy and Barry. Old Babe Ruth and other's bats. And they had a little display of Hoiles' jersey and the bat he used for those Salami's. Was pretty cool they included that.

I was at that game with my mother.  We left early because some obnoxious fans were talking crap about the Orioles all night and I got pissed.  I listened to the come back and the win on the radio in the car on the way home.  

I usually never ever left early but this game really made me regret it bad.   

It was a kind of cool night I think.  I was not wearing proper clothes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...