2022 early look top prospects

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

https://www.prospectslive.com/mlb-draft/2021/7/13/an-exercise-in-futility-a-2022-mock-draft

After this past draft, does anyone think Greene would be the definite pick if the O's were to pick first?  

Nope. I defended the strategy all year until this draft. I don’t even look at where we would pick next year anymore. I just assume we will pick the player around the 10-15 area, even if we are 1st. Sorry for the bitterness, but I’m not a fan of tanking the major league club and then not taking the best player available in the draft. 

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t think we are gonna get the #1 pick. Diamondbacks seem to be on some next level losing that we can’t even comprehend. 

There’s so much time between now and then, hard to speculate who will be there for us when we pick second or third. 

I don’t think we will draft first either, but that’s not really what I was asking.  If a generational HS talent was there for the O’s taking, it seems likely that Elias would opt for a Brooks Lee or Jace Jung type.

10 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t think we are gonna get the #1 pick. Diamondbacks seem to be on some next level losing that we can’t even comprehend. 

Aw, idk, Hyde could trot out Shaun Anderson in a starting role to make it competitive.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Hazmat said:

https://www.prospectslive.com/mlb-draft/2021/7/13/an-exercise-in-futility-a-2022-mock-draft

After this past draft, does anyone think Greene would be the definite pick if the O's were to pick first?  

Nope. Elias would take the 8th best player with the first overall pick, mad genius he must be. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Like he did with Adley Rutschman?

When there was a clear top choice, Elias took the top choice.  When there was a group near the top that he rated as being close, he took the guy that he liked and could save money with.  I’m pretty okay with that.  Now, I’ll gladly say I don’t get the almost exclusive choice of college players, but that’s another issue.

43 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

When there was a clear top choice, Elias took the top choice.  When there was a group near the top that he rated as being close, he took the guy that he liked and could save money with.  I’m pretty okay with that.  Now, I’ll gladly say I don’t get the almost exclusive choice of college players, but that’s another issue.

It will be interesting to see what Elias does if/when the "clear top choice" player is a HS player and not college.