2022 early look top prospects

49 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Second base is not a premium position.  When you have the first pick, you go SS, CF, 3rd, elite arm or, I guess C if they are special (although I wouldn’t go C).

Its not that he doesn’t have value but the value isn’t as strong as other positions that are quite frankly harder to find.

I don't think many folks consider third premium

• Upvote 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think many folks consider third premium

They should…at least nowadays.  Hard to find really good third baseman. 

Now saying that, third would be down the list for me when drafting first.  That would have to be an elite defender with a big bat.  In other words, no risk of going to first or CO.  That’s not an easy player to find.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Second base is not a premium position.  When you have the first pick, you go SS, CF, 3rd, elite arm or, I guess C if they are special (although I wouldn’t go C).

Its not that he doesn’t have value but the value isn’t as strong as other positions that are quite frankly harder to find.

Find me a 2B who consistently posts an .850+ OPS.   Last year it was the third weakest offensive position, behind C and CF.    Having a great hitter there generates more value than at most other positions.   I’d be very happy with that.    

10 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes that’s what I’m saying.  There are more examples of failures than hits.  

There is zero evidence that suggests what you are saying has any truth behind it.  Yea, it’s nice that they can learn from their dads but it doesn’t mean they will have their abilities and talents.

If you take Druw Jones, which as of now is the guy I think they should take, it’s because you feel he’s the best player with the highest ceiling.  You don’t take him because of his dad.  That makes no sense.

So when Arch Manning enters the NFL Draft in a couple of years I'm SURE his bloodline will not influence what teams think of his potential.   

2 minutes ago, ExileAngelos said:

So when Arch Manning enters the NFL Draft in a couple of years I'm SURE his bloodline will not influence what teams think of his potential.   

I think QB is kind of unique due to the mental aspects.   Having all that experience around him probably helps with decision making on the field.   But in terms of physical skills and ability, I think you judge every player on his own attributes.   Show me two guys who are 6’3”, run a 4.4 40 yard dash, and have other identical attributes and I won’t assume the son of a pro athlete will have a higher physical ceiling.  

I guess this article written by Stadium Talk just a month ago is full of misinformation on this topic...

There are multiple things that coaches can teach young athletes. They can teach swings in sports like baseball and golf. They can teach shooting motions in sports like basketball. Or, they can refine footwork for sports like football and soccer. But one thing that coaches can’t teach is genetics.

Many of the kids of pro athletes go on to be athletes themselves, and they have a leg up on their competition due to the genetics that were passed onto them. Often, these second-generation athletes even surpass their famous fathers or mothers and become even better at their sport, or even other sports.

2 hours ago, ExileAngelos said:

I guess this article written by Stadium Talk just a month ago is full of misinformation on this topic...

There are multiple things that coaches can teach young athletes. They can teach swings in sports like baseball and golf. They can teach shooting motions in sports like basketball. Or, they can refine footwork for sports like football and soccer. But one thing that coaches can’t teach is genetics.

Many of the kids of pro athletes go on to be athletes themselves, and they have a leg up on their competition due to the genetics that were passed onto them. Often, these second-generation athletes even surpass their famous fathers or mothers and become even better at their sport, or even other sports.

Never heard of Stadium talk, so im not sure why what they say matters.

But just to play along…what is their evidence?

19 hours ago, DocJJ said:

Elijah Green with his 2nd Grand Slam in as many games...

Reveal hidden contents

He also scored from 1st base on a single....   showing off elite power and speed combination that is unrivaled...

Let’s say his floor is a right handed Jason Heyward- is that enough to take him 1:1?

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

His floor????

Heyward put up 29.8 rWAR during his years under team control.

You are asking if a guy whose floor is 5 wins a season is worth a 1-1 pick?

Lol didn’t remember that he was that good his first few years with ATL. That answers the question.