Nationals Unveil New Uni's

BowieMike

Absolutely. The road jersey looks great but unfortunately, it appears they will continue to wear blue caps with them. That just doesn't make sense and, to me, looks hideous with the clashing of red/blue.

I won't even start with the blue alternates. Apparently they will only be worn on July 4th, September 10th and Military Nights.

The Nationals appear to think that you can simply slap a bunch of unrelated uniform elements together on a jersey and have it look great. This current group is ample proof that you can't.

I could sort this lot out in about 45 minutes, given the opportunity, but we all know that's not going to happen.

The road uniform is going to have different style front and back numbers!

It always comes back the original sin of the Nationals "uniform" set: those ghastly, "more Cowboys than the Cowboys" super-serif gold beveled numbers. They don't go with...anything!

Take the road jersey, tweak the script so the "h" in "Washington" isn't split, and replace the current numbers with the same MLB-block numbers the Orioles used through last year in a red/blue/white configuration. Then replace the current neck and sleeve piping with red placket and sleeve piping like you see on the red alternatel. Now, you have a sweet-looking road.

OK...I'm back. Apparently nobody missed me, so there.

Alternate jersey #2, ouch! Someone's getting fired over that one.

If you coupled that jersey with MLB-block numbers, it would be just fine for the days they intend to use it. (Better looking than the camo jerseys, anyway.)

Again, it's the number font that sinks this ship.

Archived