Sisco DFA’ed

Legend_Of_Joey

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Wells pitched 3 days ago.

Probably picked Eshleman because he will be sent out shortly. 

Yea you’re right, I’m thinking he pitched Sunday for some reason. You guys are killing me, I’m still pissed it’s Eschelman but you’re all chipping away my reasons lol

Still could’ve been Bradish, but it’s whatever at this point. If the O’s want to create a culture of losing every single game then so be it. I just really can’t stand players like Eschelman hanging around. 

6 minutes ago, oriole said:

Yea you’re right, I’m thinking he pitched Sunday for some reason. You guys are killing me, I’m still pissed it’s Eschelman but you’re all chipping away my reasons lol

Still could’ve been Bradish, but it’s whatever at this point. If the O’s want to create a culture of losing every single game then so be it. I just really can’t stand players like Eschelman hanging around. 

I feel like Braddish, Wells and Lowther will be up later if/when Harvey and Lopez are gone and Fry/Sulser are traded. But not when Means and Zimmerman are hurt for around 10 days.

14 minutes ago, oriole said:

Bradish was never on the table.

50 minutes ago, oriole said:

You maximize service time for your big prospects. Bradish easily could have started this game. Wells is an option, he hasn’t done great this year but just had a nice game. Whoever Cameron Bishop is just had a nice game at Bowie and is obviously stretched out to be a starter. There’s a reward to a player who has done well and no one expects anything from. I’m just saying there are other options other than a player we all know is a lock to have an absolutely terrible game and we know this because his time at the big leagues has not been great and he’s having a bad year in the minors. 

Just a huge red flag for me for how this team is run. Not being good because you’re saving resources for a better time and going out of your way to be bad as possible are two different things. The way Elias is running this team is an insult to baseball just as much as the Yankees and Dodgers outspending everyone year after year. I’m just glad I didn’t have to pay for my MLB.tv subscription. It’s easy enough to just lose interest now

Just remember dit wasn't long ago Houston was run this way. They lost over 100 games three straight years. Turned out OK.

1 hour ago, NelsonCruuuuuz said:

I much rather see Jannis, the knuckleballer. Dude is a class act, could benefit from major league experience and at least be fun to watch on an abysmal team.

He just pitched yesterday so he’s not available today.   

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not to this degree.

Sure they lost but they didn't do some of the things the O's are doing.

And what exactly  have the Orioles done that is so egregious? There are teams with lower payroll and plenty of 2019 draft picks that are still in the minors.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

And what exactly  have the Orioles done that is so egregious? There are teams with lower payroll and plenty of 2019 draft picks that are still in the minors.

Letting coaches go over money?

Gaming folks at Mountcastle's prospect level?

Letting an announcer go to save a few bucks.

The ONLY reason the O's aren't last in payroll is that they can't shed the Davis contract or the rest of the Cobb  contract.

If they could have they would have.

There's been a lot of grief (understandably so) about how Lowther has been used this year, so I am fine with them leaving him at Norfolk to take his regular turn if they didn't plan on bringing him up here to be in the rotation for the foreseeable future.  My gripe is more about Harvey and Lopez getting starts over others we should be looking at, but I'm not going to get too worked up over an emergency starter they needed to bring up. 

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Letting coaches go over money?

Gaming folks at Mountcastle's prospect level?

Letting an announcer go to save a few bucks.

The ONLY reason the O's aren't last in payroll is that they can't shed the Davis contract or the rest of the Cobb  contract.

If they could have they would have.

Is Mountcastle too good or not good enough to have service time managed?

I agree losing Gary sucked but we don't know what he was asking and I'm still not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

If the Davis contract didn't exist we might not be going through what we're going through. 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

I agree losing Gary sucked but we don't know what he was asking and I'm still not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

If the Davis contract didn't exist we might not be going through what we're going through. 

I don't recall anyone else that was a fringe top 100 guy getting his service time gamed. 

Normally it's your top tier guys.

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Using the Davis contract as a crutch, when the payroll is as low as it is, is total bs.

They have really brainwashed the fans into thinking this is all fine.  It’s truly amazing.