I’ve pretty much stopped watching

Frobby

21 hours ago, Frobby said:

This team has pretty much become unwatchable.   I check the score on my phone when I’m done with dinner, generally around 8:00.   Inevitably they’re already losing.   I keep an eye on the game every 15 minutes or so in between checking the minor league box scores.   Most nights, it’s just never worth it to turn on the game.   It’s sad.

Good.  Baseball fans should not be supporting owners who don't bother putting out a good product.

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The 2014 team, which was as successful as one could reasonably expect, drew fewer than 2.5 million.

That, to me, isn't droves.

Takes more than one year with this organizations track record. But, an uptick in the quality of players and overall play will do wonders.

37 minutes ago, Dr. Unk said:

Checked the score after a long day, and it pretty much supports this thread.  Please let ownership/management wake up!!!  Sad what has become of what was once the winningest team in pro sports, for a good while. 

Yes, just like it took a team effort to produce those glory years, it is taking a team effort to produce these laughing stock years.  Nobody can be this bad unless incompetence rules at all levels of the organization. And that is starting at Ownership.  

I’ve supported the rebuild but this is beyond the pale. There are 3/4 guys on this team that shouldn’t be on a roster and valid upgrades in the minors.
It’s gotten to a point where I think marginal prospects (Akin/Kremer) are having their development stunted. Offense leaves two guys on in the first, Kremer feels extra pressure to be perfect, voila, it’s another blow out. 
Beyond all that the stadium experience is terrible, concessions quality has gone way down hill and the prices have gone the opposite way. Absolute train wreck right now.

• Upvote 1

I've stopped watching for the most part.  I don't mind watching a losing team when there are some young, developing players who show potential, but the young Orioles have played so poorly this year that there isn't much to get hopeful about.  Mullins, Means and Mancini are all playing well, but there is nobody younger than 26 on this team who is playing at an adequate regular level, much less an all-star level.   Ryan Mountcastle has a quick bat but his plate discipline has taken a giant step backwards this year--he looks more like the next Jeff Francouer as a hitter than the next Kirby Puckett.  

The young pitching has been particularly abysmal.  It's extremely disappointing to see Dean Kremer and Keegan Akin getting hammered almost every time out, and Bruce Zimmerman has been only a little better.  Even counting John Means, the O's still have a long way to go before they have an adequate pitching staff, and they don't have enough talent in the minors to get there--other than GrayRod and maybe DL Hall, I don't see anyone in the system now who figures to be any better than the likes of Kremer and Akin. 

Good thing the NBA playoffs have been exciting this year...and the Olympics are looming.  

I think this team killed baseball for me. I've been a lifelong baseball and Orioles fanatic - and as much as I hate to admit it, I just don't care anymore. I'm completely indifferent. The passion for the sport is completely gone for me. 

What is concerning - is basically anyone under the age of 35 was too young to appreciate the 96/97 Orioles and only got a small taste of a winning club from 2012-2016. In a small market, I think it is very understated how much this tank job rebuild is damaging the O's long-term fanbase. Who is even going to care if this team does become good again?

And that's a big if - because at least for me, I'm not quite sure how well this rebuild is actually going. The results thus far certainly have not justified the tanking.

• Upvote 4

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Who will end up being fans of Esports. ?‍♂️

You're joking - but the NBA, NFL, and soccer keep growing. Baseball nationally keeps shrinking in popularity. And the O's are one of the least interesting products in a sport with declining popularity. Something has to change if they want to be sustainable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

You're joking - but the NBA, NFL, and soccer keep growing. Baseball nationally keeps shrinking in popularity. And the O's are one of the least interesting products in a sport with declining popularity. Something has to change if they want to be sustainable.

NBA and NFL are not growing. NBA ratings are at all time lows. NFL ratings are also down. 

NBA TV Audience Down 25% as Expanded Playoffs Cast a Wider Net

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-tv-ratings-recap-from-2020-2021-nfl-season/

According to Nielsen, excluding rescheduled games, the 2020 regular season averaged 15.4 million viewers either live or on the same day of the broadcast. That is a 7% drop from the previous regular season. It was the lowest average audience since 2017. When all televised games are included (rescheduled games as well), the average audience dropped to 14.9 million viewers.

• Upvote 2

I still watch and will continue to watch just about every game. I'm also a Jaguars fan as well and I'm out in my living room every Sunday at 1 pm ready for the Jaguars to stink the place up (although now, might be a different story going forward). Anyway, I literally have nothing else to do and if I did have things to do, they would wait until the game is over. I've watched the Orioles my whole life and will continue to do so. Yeah, they suck, but I just have the mindset of "whatever."