FCL happenings

Frobby

25 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Curiously put on the 7 day IL and just reinstated from the 60 day IL.  Big game today.

I’d heard he was on the 60 day DL, but he was only out for three weeks.   I’ve never heard that you could put someone on the 60 day DL and then change your mind.   But it’s all good - I’m glad he’s healthy and playing well.   Since he’s only been back for two days, I doubt he’s getting promoted right now.   He definitely was a bright spot in the 3+ weeks he played before he got hurt.  

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’d heard he was on the 60 day DL, but he was only out for three weeks.   I’ve never heard that you could put someone on the 60 day DL and then change your mind.   But it’s all good - I’m glad he’s healthy and playing well.   Since he’s only been back for two days, I doubt he’s getting promoted right now.   He definitely was a bright spot in the 3+ weeks he played before he got hurt.  

Apparently, different procedural rules in the minors.

Yorkislandy Alvarez has been demoted to FCL and playing today, Friday for Orioles Black.  Now 22,  he was respectable at Delmarva but little power

Moises Ramirez is playing for Orioles Orange today at 3rd base.   He should make some top 50 prospect lists after end of season.  Good size, good power.  Duquette signing I believe, for $200,000-225,000.

6 minutes ago, waynebug said:

Yorkislandy Alvarez has been demoted to FCL and playing today, Friday.

Moises Ramirez is playing for Orioles Orange today at 3rd base.

Alvarez seemed to be holding his own from a BA (.259) and OBP (.368) standpoint but showed very little power (.284 SLG) in Delmarva.  He's shown little to no power since the O's signed him.

1 hour ago, Hazmat said:

Alvarez seemed to be holding his own from a BA (.259) and OBP (.368) standpoint but showed very little power (.284 SLG) in Delmarva.  He's shown little to no power since the O's signed him.

But you have to like a name like Yorkislandy.

Last night one of the opposing pitchers was named Seranthony.   Love it.  

21 hours ago, Hazmat said:

Yeah, he's definitively a slap hitting singles guy. A non prospect but a decent low level org guy.

Isaac Bellony hit his 4th homer for Orioles Black.  Bellony was considered a power/speed centerfielder coming off his 2019 DSL season.  With a mature 185 lb physique.

Somehow he's being stuck on 1st base while guys with little to no future are playing the outfield.

20th round draft pick and junior college overslot Lendon Craig, played centerfield for the Black today and threw out a baserunner at home.  He is 21 but tearing up the FCL offensively.  

Lendon is another guy that merits top 50 consideration when Prospects 1500, Pitchers List and Tony-O make their season ending prospect lists.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, waynebug said:

Isaac Bellony hit his 4th homer for Orioles Black.  Bellony was considered a power/speed centerfielder coming off his 2019 DSL season.  With a mature 185 lb physique.

Somehow he's being stuck on 1st base while guys with little to no future are playing the outfield.

20th round draft pick and junior college overslot Lendon Craig, played centerfield for the Black today and threw out a baserunner at home.  He is 21 but tearing up the FCL offensively.  

Lendon is another guy that merits top 50 consideration when Prospects 1500, Pitchers List and Tony-O make their season ending prospect lists.

Aren't Deson, Acevedo, and Trendon Craig, all playing outfielder.  Deson and Acevedo are 19. Bellony is 19, and I think Craig is 21.  Which of those guys has little to no future.  Bellony may have some leg issues or it may say something about how they see his future in the outfielder compared to the other 3.  His power certainly is intriguing though.  Virtually everything he hits seems to go for extra bases.

I suppose you are referring to Davison Tavarez.  It is a bit surprising that he's seeing time in the OF after being demoted.  He is probably the one guy with little to no future at this point.  Craig's numbers should be taken with a grain of salt but I'd love to see how he does at Delmarva this year or next.

I regret making that statement about a young man's livelihood and future.  It was kinda cruel and heartless. 

I was thinking of Gomez and Tavarez.  Both are older and never had the prospect status Bellony achieved off his 2019 DSL season. 

To enhance his value I just wanted to see him in the outfield if he has centerfield ability.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, waynebug said:

I regret making that statement about a young man's livelihood and future.  It was kinda cruel and heartless. 

I was thinking of Gomez and Tavarez.  Both are older and never had the prospect status Bellony achieved off his 2019 DSL season. 

To enhance his value I just wanted to see him in the outfield if he has centerfield ability.  

I haven't seen him play, but I imagine of the team felt he had center field capability he would not be playing 1B. 

Pitchers List ranked.Bellony the #36 prospect in the system after the 2019 season. 

They remarked he had above average power and could play all 3 outfield positions.

It's kinda amazing to me I can remember this trivia but couldn't tell you what I did yeaterday.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:37 PM, waynebug said:

Pitchers List ranked.Bellony the #36 prospect in the system after the 2019 season. 

They remarked he had above average power and could play all 3 outfield positions.

It's kinda amazing to me I can remember this trivia but couldn't tell you what I did yeaterday.

I noodled around on Orioles Hangout for four hours yesterday.   Like most days.  

On 8/24/2021 at 8:55 PM, waynebug said:

Trendon Craig with another highlight reel play in CF!