FCL happenings

Frobby

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea that sucks...but I'm still moving there.  (well Florida in general)

Is this imminent?

For me Florida falls in the category of nice place to visit, wouldn’t want to live there.   My sister-in-law and her husband are moving to St. Pete at the end of the month, so I’m pretty sure I’ll have some combined see family/spring training trips in my near future.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is this imminent?

For me Florida falls in the category of nice place to visit, wouldn’t want to live there.   My sister-in-law and her husband are moving to St. Pete at the end of the month, so I’m pretty sure I’ll have some combined see family/spring training trips in my near future.   

2 year plan for us.  Want to move to the gulf coast/panhandle area.  

Tampa area is the other possibility but I we prefer up there more.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

2 year plan for us.  Want to move to the gulf coast/panhandle area.  

Tampa area is the other possibility but I we prefer up there more.

Be sure to get good flood and hurricane insurance.   

I’m not sure we’ll ever move from the DC area.   We’ve got three adult kids and two of them live here.   More likely, we’ll just get away for some time in the winter.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I’m not sure we’ll ever move from the DC area.   We’ve got three adult kids and two of them live here.   More likely, we’ll just get away for some time in the winter.  

I just really hate MD.  Have family here (although most of that will be moving down south too and some is already there) and we will miss friends but we will come up and visit and vice versa.

Just so many cons overall to this area, at least for me.  Just being on vacation in Florida last month reminded me of how much better it is there vs here.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It depends.

I've had standing water on the property but I've never had to sandbag the house.  Just have to pick the right spot.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

I just really hate MD.  Have family here (although most of that will be moving down south too and some is already there) and we will miss friends but we will come up and visit and vice versa.

Just so many cons overall to this area, at least for me.  Just being on vacation in Florida last month reminded me of how much better it is there vs here.

I guess I’m like Br’er Rabbit in the briar patch, having never lived anywhere else. I live in the house I grew up in (bought it from my father 32 years ago), I’ve only worked at one place my entire adult life (which is about three city blocks from where I was born), and I’ve bee married to the same woman for 34 years.   I guess you could say I’m resistant to change.   That’s why I remain an Orioles fan no matter how pathetic they are!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Frobby said:

I guess I’m like Br’er Rabbit in the briar patch, having never lived anywhere else. I live in the house I grew up in (bought it from my father 32 years ago), I’ve only worked at one place my entire adult life (which is about three city blocks from where I was born), and I’ve bee married to the same woman for 34 years.   I guess you could say I’m resistant to change.   That’s why I remain an Orioles fan no matter how pathetic they are!

Nothing wrong with making life simple and routine.

I don't have any emotional attachment to the city, where I grew up, where I live now or the state itself.  I know people who think Baltimore is the greatest city.  I don't care if I ever go back to it (other than for an Os or Ravens game).

I go through the town I grew up in and its fine but it feels old to me and it doesn't jive politically with how I lean.  

Where I live now feels newer...feels more lively...is more on my political spectrum but I still have no ties to it.

I don't know, I'm just not sentimental with stuff like that.  Part of me wishes I was but it just isn't me.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Of course it does.  If MLB comes out and says a player drafted out of college becomes a FA after his age 27 season, these guys will be pushed through the minors faster.  

This is the type of thing that the MLBPA wants.  

Right now, Elias can slow play things because there is no deadline.  Once there becomes one, he will be more aggressive. 

This I agree with, but I also have little faith that the player's union will fight too hard for this as they are placating their base of players now and those players still want those early 30s pay days.

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Kids and now grand kid are the only reasons I still live up here. I know I will get out when I retire though or at least get a place down in Florida at some point.