A's get Holliday

mhd24

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holliday is likely to be high on the Type A list next season, so the A's will probably get somebody's 1st round pick for him...

Right... I wish COL had held on to him to use the picks on their own instead of sending them to Oakland. This does not seem like a good deal for the Rox to me.

Well, according to Ken Rosenthal:

Over the weekend, the teams discussed A's outfielder Carlos Gonzalez, left-hander Greg Smith and reliever Huston Street, according to one source, but it is not known if any or all of those players will be included in the package for Holliday.

Street would certainly be a nice replacement for Fuentes, if they get him as part of the package for Holliday.

Right... I wish COL had held on to him to use the picks on their own instead of sending them to Oakland. This does not seem like a good deal for the Rox to me.

We still need to hear what the Rockies got though. As Elon mentioned, Rotoworld has thier speculation and those three players were, in thier speculation, "part" of the deal, not the whole of it. I'm interested to see what the Rockies got for the face of their franchise, a former MVP, fan favorite and the guy who led them to the most success their francise has ever had.

Also, if the A's do not return to contention next year with Holliday, the A's could even flip him at the deadline and possibly do just as well, if not better than the package they'll be giving up.

They were adamant they get ML talent in return because they think they can be competitive with their young core - Stewart, Tulo, Barmes, Fowler, Spilborghs, Hawpe, Ianneta, Jimenez, etc.

I'm hearing Huston Street, Carlos Gonzalez and Greg Smith

Anything more concrete than Rosenthal mentioning those players as having been talked about?

Over the weekend, the teams discussed A's outfielder Carlos Gonzalez, left-hander Greg Smith and reliever Huston Street, according to one source, but it is not known if any or all of those players will be included in the package for Holliday.

This thread does not belong in this forum, and telling AM to "take a clue" doesn't make it Oriole-related. Are we going to have one of these every time some other team does something?

The fact it may impact the Angels and cause them to bid more for Tex makes it Oriole related. The Angels were looking at trading for Holliday if they couldn't sign Tex.

Archived