Melewski interview with JJ Cooper

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The most interesting thing to me is what he says towards the end about this being a deep draft.  I have heard others say it’s not a deep draft.  Interesting to me that he sees it differently.

I have heard that the top end is not as talented as in some years but that the talent is pretty deep.   It makes sense to me because there’s a lot of guys who could have been drafted after the 5th round last year who stayed in school.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I am fine with Henry Davis if that is the way it goes.

Taking Ford or Cowser seems too much a drop in talent this year.

Yea I agree.  Thinking about it, I think the picks that would make me happy would be Mayer, Leiter, Lawlar, House, Jobe, Watson, Rocker and Davis..that’s in no particular although the closer we get to the draft, the more I start to want all of those guys more than Watson and definitely Rocker.

Cowser isn’t a bad pick persay but it seems like a drop in talent and that’s not necessary.  Frelick would be a bad pick.

23 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea I agree.  Thinking about it, I think the picks that would make me happy would be Mayer, Leiter, Lawlar, House, Jobe, Watson, Rocker and Davis..that’s in no particular although the closer we get to the draft, the more I start to want all of those guys more than Watson and definitely Rocker.

Cowser isn’t a bad pick persay but it seems like a drop in talent and that’s not necessary.  Frelick would be a bad pick.

I see Mayer, Leiter and Lawlar in the first tier.    Davis, Watson, House and Rocker in the 2nd tier.   A high school pitcher like Jobe has a risk level that put him in the next tier.   Everyone else is after that IMO.

Watching more and more video leading to the draft, my pick at number 5 is Jobe if available and Benny Montgomery is solid. Both high high ceiling guys. This isn’t a high tier draft but is deep in talent. Next years is a better draft at the top. I think that is why you should go high school high ceiling if you are the Os. I would rather take a potentially great player that doesn’t pan out at 5 than a meh player that does pan out. 

• Upvote 1