2021 3rd round pick (76): John Rhodes - OF - (Sophomore) Kentucky

Ok. The only pick I actually liked was Norby. And this one is the only pick I actually strongly disliked. I'm still waiting for the big overslot guy. I think Taylor is still on the board. After we saw Chandler go to start the round, I am surprised we haven't seen Taylor yet unless people are convinced he's not signable. 

4 Picks, all over 21 (yeah I know Rhodes is one month short of 21). They will all be old prospects assuming they go to high A, low A.

Gotta wonder if Elias would have selected Manny Machado who was starting in a pennant race at 20

Well wait to next year when we can waste another 1-2 on a signability guy.

This is shaping up to be one of the worst drafts ever.

• Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

4 Picks, all over 21 (yeah I know Rhodes is one month short of 21). They will all be old prospects assuming they go to high A, low A.

Gotta wonder if Elias would have selected Manny Machado who was starting in a pennant race at 20

Well wait to next year when we can waste another 1-2 on a signability guy.

This is shaping up to be one of the worst drafts ever.

By definition, they have to be 21 within 45 days of the draft to be draft eligible out of college. Rhodes will likely be the youngest college player drafted.

Are all college draftees too old to be prospects?

Complain about them drafting college guys I guess, but Cowser and Norby (two days younger than Trimble) are young juniors and Trimble and Rhodes are sophomores.

2 minutes ago, MouncastleandMcCormick said:

Like this pic a lot.  SG and others are asking for some high-volatility, high-ceiling bets.  This guy is one.  I hope there aren't signability issues.  Seems like a guy willing to bet on himself.

I'm not a fan of this pick, but love your optimism. 

• lovetoaster changed the title to 2021 3nd round pick (76): John Rhodes - OF - (Sophomore) Kentucky