2021 8th round pick (227): Creed Willems - C - (HS) Aledo (TX)

Creed Willems is a 2021 C/1B/3B with a 6-1 225 lb. frame from Aledo, TX who attends Aledo. Big and strong build, country strong look. Left handed hitter, hits from a slightly open stance, has loose and very strong hands, stays short and direct to the ball, pull side approach, glides into the ball well and uses his strong lower half to generate bat speed, doesn't hunt for power but has it, going to mash at the college level with his combination of short and strong. 7.20 runner, deceptively athletic for his size, has very good raw arm strength, good body life in his shifting and coming out of his crouch. Bat has a chance to really play. Good student, verbal commitment to Texas Christian.

https://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerprofile.aspx?ID=483047

• Upvote 1

• Tony-OH changed the title to 2021 8th round pick (227): Creed Willems - C - (HS) Aledo (TX)

TCU is his dream school. But it’s not his dream.

“I’ve always had the dream to get drafted out of high school. It’s one of those things that all depends on where I’m taken in the MLB  draft.”

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/south-texas-el-paso/news/2021/05/31/future-horned-frog-looks-to-bring-aledo-a-second-state-title

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hazmat said:

This may be my fav pick of the draft now.  He looks like the dude from Eastbound & Down.  We better sign him!

1 minute ago, lovetoaster said:

He has a Kenny Powers vibe too. We're noticeably lacking that in the organization. 

creed

Ha!