2021 8th round pick (227): Creed Willems - C - (HS) Aledo (TX)

1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

I see a long but powerful swing. I'm not hitting coach, but it looks like he casts to me. Easy fix to shorten the swing. 

Get this kid to the barrel and he'll do damage for sure.

What do you mean by casts? I notice a very slow hitch before he fires his hands, like he lets the bat head leak towards the pitcher a bit. I imagine this creates some of the length you mention?

I agree though, it’s a powerful swing. 

34 minutes ago, joelala said:

What do you mean by casts? I notice a very slow hitch before he fires his hands, like he lets the bat head leak towards the pitcher a bit. I imagine this creates some of the length you mention?

I agree though, it’s a powerful swing. 

My understanding is casting is when you straighten your arms at load. It adds length to the swing. You'd prefer a more compact load and then go straight to the ball.

But again, I hear this stuff kind of second hand, so I may not be precisely accurate. 

If you google it, there are a ton of videos for how to fix it.

7 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

My understanding is casting is when you straighten your arms at load. It adds length to the swing. You'd prefer a more compact load and then go straight to the ball.

But again, I hear this stuff kind of second hand, so I may not be precisely accurate. 

If you google it, there are a ton of videos for how to fix it.

Yup, I see what you mean. He does do that. 

On 7/13/2021 at 9:10 AM, LookinUp said:

I see a long but powerful swing. I'm not hitting coach, but it looks like he casts to me. Easy fix to shorten the swing. 

Get this kid to the barrel and he'll do damage for sure.

A few more clips of his bat, legs, arm and framing.

33 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I like that his first name is Creed. I like that his last name is Willems and cannot wait for the 6,000 misspellings on the message board from people who think it's Williams. 

Let's hope he can rake.

Also very much like the guy in Hallas' previous post. Weiters, Wieters, Willems, Williams. Whatever.