College Baseball Players and Agents

I was curious as to whether kids in high school and/or college could work with agents to determine their career course without losing college eligibility.  I know that in basketball and football, the kids cannot hire an agent without losing amateur status and, consequently, eligibility for playing in NCAA competition.  I think I answered my own question:

https://www.collegeandprosportslaw.com/uncategorized/ncaa-changes-course-high-school-baseball-draftees-allowed-to-hire-agents/

I was going to say it is insane to think that a 17 or 18-year old kid could comprehend the complexities of understanding and signing a professional contract vs. the benefit of going the college route and, possibly, increasing his value in a future draft.  Even most of these kids' parents can't understand that stuff.  It is good to know that they can work with professional agents to navigate the system, even if they (the agents) are just sharks.  Now they have one more layer of complexity with the negotiating of terms on use with their name, image, and likeness while participating in amateur (NCAA) sports. 

16 hours ago, Yossarian said:

I was curious as to whether kids in high school and/or college could work with agents to determine their career course without losing college eligibility.  I know that in basketball and football, the kids cannot hire an agent without losing amateur status and, consequently, eligibility for playing in NCAA competition.  I think I answered my own question:

https://www.collegeandprosportslaw.com/uncategorized/ncaa-changes-course-high-school-baseball-draftees-allowed-to-hire-agents/

I was going to say it is insane to think that a 17 or 18-year old kid could comprehend the complexities of understanding and signing a professional contract vs. the benefit of going the college route and, possibly, increasing his value in a future draft.  Even most of these kids' parents can't understand that stuff.  It is good to know that they can work with professional agents to navigate the system, even if they (the agents) are just sharks.  Now they have one more layer of complexity with the negotiating of terms on use with their name, image, and likeness while participating in amateur (NCAA) sports. 

They get "advisors" that help them work through the contracts. The advisors are almost always agents that have hand shake agreements that the kid will sign with them before they sign their official contracts. Hopefully it's a rule that will change with the new NCAA rules because it was always just dumb.