A Few Developments

Peace21

They still have Buchholz to add to the rotation and they have Beckett and DiceK. Losing Lester isn't going to hurt them at all...

Losing 3 players, assuming the third player is good, is going to hurt them.

The Red Sox can have Tex for 1.5 years and lose those players...That is fine with me.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey insiders, we need your help. BB, Belkast- What is going on?

IMO we can not sit by again and let a quality Major League WHO WANTS TO PLAY IN BALTIMORE go.

Lets look at the Bosox lineup

Varatek/ Lowe - trade w Seattle for Slocumb

Youkallis- Draft

Pedroia- draft

Lugo- $$$ FA

Lowell/ Beckett- trade w Florida -Hanley Ramirez & prospects

Ramirez- $$$ FA

Crisp- Trade - Cleveland-Marte- Trade- Atlanta Rentareria- $$$ FA

Drew- $$$ FA

Ortiz - $$ FA

Beckett - See above

Schilling- Trade Arizona-

Dice K - $$$ FA

Wakefield $$ FA

Pappelbon- Draft

They sign and let A fA go and get those high draft picks.

MacPhail needs to make a statement that we will be proactive not reactive.

Pull the trigger on TEX!

Hey insiders, we need your help. BB, Belkast- What is going on?

IMO we can not sit by again and let a quality Major League WHO WANTS TO PLAY IN BALTIMORE go.

Lets look at the Bosox lineup

Varatek/ Lowe - trade w Seattle for Slocumb

Youkallis- Draft

Pedroia- draft

Lugo- $$$ FA

Lowell/ Beckett- trade w Florida -Hanley Ramirez & prospects

Ramirez- $$$ FA

Crisp- Trade - Cleveland-Marte- Trade- Atlanta Rentareria- $$$ FA

Drew- $$$ FA

Ortiz - $$ FA

Beckett - See above

Schilling- Trade Arizona-

Dice K - $$$ FA

Wakefield $$ FA

Pappelbon- Draft

They sign and let A fA go and get those high draft picks.

MacPhail needs to make a statement that we will be proactive not reactive.

Pull the trigger on TEX!

Losing 3 players, assuming the third player is good, is going to hurt them.

The Red Sox can have Tex for 1.5 years and lose those players...That is fine with me.

I really hope you are right, but Theo might want Tex over A-Rod just for $ reasons. He re-signed Varitek. I just don't see Tex walking away from a winning team. We are going to have pay 25 million a season to get Tex here. Especially because the Yankees and Red Sox are going to be in a bidding war for him in 2008.

MacPhail is going to have to have one hell of a Plan B for this to sit well at all with Oriole fans...

Agreed. Unfortunately, like Sports Guy pointed out, if the Red Sox are offering Youkilis and a couple of decent prospects, I don't think we can top that offer.

Well I spoke to my guy alittle bit ago and I will talk to him again several more times this week. Ill have the latest for everyone as things come about. Remember as BB an others state, read into it what you will.

First..Mark Teixera to Boston for prospects is being talked about right now. And its heating up.

Bedard being traded is laughable he said. Dont expect him to go anywhere.

I have a spicy Bedard story from this past offseason that I will share later tonight. Which Im getting more details on. You'll like it.

Cabrera and Tejada being traded is being talked about. He said "of

course" when I asked if they are being rumored.

I will have more later tonight.

I think I know your story. Are you sure its this past offseason and not the one previous?

It's going to be interesting to see what Angelos does. Unless he has a verbal commitment from Tex to play here in 2008 no mattter what I think we're going to start bidding...

I really don't think we're in on Teix. I think we're banking on him wanting to come here when hes a free agent.

I really hope you are right, but Theo might want Tex over A-Rod just for $ reasons. He re-signed Varitek. I just don't see Tex walking away from a winning team. We are going to have pay 25 million a season to get Tex here. Especially because the Yankees and Red Sox are going to be in a bidding war for him in 2008.

I think it is a great trade for Boston. They are playing to win now. Teixera could take Manny's place in the lineup and financially after 2008 when they can let Ramirez walk. Boston can easily afford to keep Teixera plus they will be selling him on Boston the next 1.5 years to keep him after free agency. He could fall in love playing in a winning environment where every game means something. I understand people say he can sign with anyone after 2008 but I still think a team that trades for him has a big advantage keeping him long term.

I think I know your story. Are you sure its this past offseason and not the one previous?

Oh here it is - Short version

During the offseason the Orioles approached Bedard and his agent with a long term deal. I dont have the specifics of the deal, but apparently it was a lowball offer. Duquette was bascially the puppet in the whole thing because Bedards people countered and Duq had to check with Angelos to see if it worked. It took so much time, Bedard said F it and said to the his agent that he will play out his contract and and any long term deal they offered he will shoot it down. It has to be REALLY good for him to consider he said. He isnt happy with how the negotiations went.

During the offseason the Orioles approached Bedard and his agent with a long term deal. I dont have the specifics of the deal, but apparently it was a lowball offer. Duquette was bascially the puppet in the whole thing because Bedards people countered and Duq had to check with Angelos to see if it worked. It took so much time, Bedard said F it and said to the his agent that he will play out his contract and and any long term deal they offered he will shoot it down. It has to be REALLY good for him to consider he said. He isnt happy with how the negotiations went.

Great news.What next?

So, Tex might be picked up by one of our division rivals and Bedard will probably sign elsewhere?

Should being an O's fan cause this much acid indigestion?

Well, ... that's not good!!! :(

Archived