A Few Developments

Peace21

I think it is a great trade for Boston. They are playing to win now. Teixera could take Manny's place in the lineup and financially after 2008 when they can let Ramirez walk. Boston can easily afford to keep Teixera plus they will be selling him on Boston the next 1.5 years to keep him after free agency. He could fall in love playing in a winning environment where every game means something. I understand people say he can sign with anyone after 2008 but I still think a team that trades for him has a big advantage keeping him long term.

This was my biggest fear. We are going to have to go out and get a 1st baseman now. Votto isn't available if Dunn is traded so I'd go hard after Koshanksy. He's a Virginia guy who can rake. His situation reminds me of Ryan Howard.

We could also trade for Delgado from the Mets offering Millar in a salary dump. OPACY may rejuvinate his bat. My guess is once Tex goes to the Sox we'll move Rowell to 1B...

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh here it is - Short version

During the offseason the Orioles approached Bedard and his agent with a long term deal. I dont have the specifics of the deal, but apparently it was a lowball offer. Duquette was bascially the puppet in the whole thing because Bedards people countered and Duq had to check with Angelos to see if it worked. It took so much time, Bedard said F it and said to the his agent that he will play out his contract and and any long term deal they offered he will shoot it down. It has to be REALLY good for him to consider he said. He isnt happy with how the negotiations went.

Hopefully that changes with McPhail in place, if he does things differently.

How much longer will Flanagan and Duquette be with the organization?

During the offseason the Orioles approached Bedard and his agent with a long term deal. I dont have the specifics of the deal, but apparently it was a lowball offer. Duquette was bascially the puppet in the whole thing because Bedards people countered and Duq had to check with Angelos to see if it worked. It took so much time, Bedard said F it and said to the his agent that he will play out his contract and and any long term deal they offered he will shoot it down. It has to be REALLY good for him to consider he said. He isnt happy with how the negotiations went.

Peace, we need to talk. I'm going to PM you tomorrow.

It's not a panic move. We might as well start getting him acclimated to the position. Teixeira is not coming here. Time for Plan B...

Talking about Delgado, but also why hurt Billy Rowell's value if we don't have to? Somebody's got to play 3B, too, because Mora is fading.

First basemen that can hit practically grow on trees; it's really an indictment of the Orioles refusal to use freely available talent that we dont' have any corners that can hit not named Markakis.

Everyone in the league is anxious to see what Macphail does. Hence hes head of "Baseball Operations" which is related to my Bedard story which Ill have soon.

Also Lester starting tonight is a sign

You know, I thought the exact same thing. I thought it odd they were giving him a start seemingly out of nowhere.

Nice, make a lowball offer to Bedard and then we have to wait for Angelos' approval to get any negotiating done. Does sound like the typical Orioles way to try to get things done, doesn't it?

I don't blame Bedard for saying the heck with it in terms of negotiating with the Orioles again. Even if we can somehow sign Bedard later on, how much will it cost us extra now?

Sheeit! You call this spicy, Peace? This is bidness as usual around here! :002_stongue:

Mac P will kick butt and take names......

I can't wait until NMS gets ahold of this spicy "rumour"....

Nice, make a lowball offer to Bedard and then we have to wait for Angelos' approval to get any negotiating done. Does sound like the typical Orioles way to try to get things done, doesn't it?

I don't blame Bedard for saying the heck with it in terms of negotiating with the Orioles again. Even if we can somehow sign Bedard later on, how much will it cost us extra now?

We don't if we are smart. We use the deadline and sell high right now. If he basically told the Orioles he'd veto any extension, he's gone in 2009. We can easily get three top prospects for Bedard and one of them could be our next 1B man

Didn't Rosenthal say something to the same extent....that it's already a foregone conclusion in the FO that Bedard will walk once his contract is done and that the Blue Jays were likely the frontrunner? Was that Rosenthal?

No, I believe it was a reporter for a Toronto paper. If memory serves, it was more gossip than anything else.

Archived