A Few Developments

Peace21

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My sentiments exactly. Heck, even if he is traded, there's no guarantee that he'll sign an extension. Look at how long Boras dragged out the Matsuzaka signing.

I don't want to give up much to get him anyway, so its not the end of the world. I'll take my chances signing him after '08. Even if not, hes not the only first baseman that we could go after.

You think Boston would have learned by now. Them trading their young prospects hasn't exactly been good. Didn't kill them, but I bet they wish they had Hanley Ramirez right about now.

At the expense of having the best starting pitcher in their rotation and a 3rd baseman putting up great numbers? No, I doubt it.

And they got their starting center fielder for Marte, who has a .199 career average in the majors so far.

If this is true, and it's also true that there's no way that we're trading Bedard, then the FO is full of idiots (surprise!). They better be cooking up that big deal to blow Bedard away. I don't want to just wait for him to sign with someone else and get a comp pick for him when we could trade him now for some value.

It's not like he's a free agent after the year. He's far enough away that they could use him for the next calendar year and still get a sweet return next year at the deadline... Assuming of course that he continues to pitch well.

It's not like he's a free agent after the year. He's far enough away that they could use him for the next calendar year and still get a sweet return next year at the deadline... Assuming of course that he continues to pitch well.

And this is the key. He's leading the league in strikeouts. How much better can he get? Sell! Sell! Sell!

Everyone in the league is anxious to see what Macphail does. Hence hes head of "Baseball Operations" which is related to my Bedard story which Ill have soon.

Also Lester starting tonight is a sign

I'm not too sure that the question was answered. I don't mean to be rude here because you're offering the information up without being required to under any circumstances... But I don't understand the "hence he's head of baseball operations" part, nor do I understand how it's related to a lowball offer prior to him being in the organization.

Archived