Juf Fabian

Did anyone read the blurb on MLB.com that said we were prepared to pay Jud Fabian a 3M signing bonus if he got to us at pick 41, but was taken one slot before us by the Red Sox at 40?

Sounds like he is going to go back to Florida. Very interesting to hear about this type of news so far after the draft. 

• Upvote 1

I was just coming here to post that. I was listening to Jim Callis on the MLB Pipeline Podcast "Deadline Days." At about the 30 minute mark, he mentioned it. 

‎MLB Pipeline on Apple Podcasts

I follow UF quite a bit, and my son played against Jud in high school. He made some adjustments after a very poor start, but his K rate initially was awful. Lots of tools and all, but honestly, I would have not liked paying him $3 million. He may turn out to be a great pick by Boston, but I think there is more risk with him. And I really like the Norby, Trimble, Rhodes and Willems picks. Those certainly would not have happened if they took Fabian.