What would it take for the Cubs to land B-Rob this year?

GotNitro

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should take on a bad contract if we could get Samardjza or Vitters. How about if we trade Roberts and Scott for Samardjza,Veal,Cedeno, and Fukudome?

Are we giving up too much? Too little?

How about BRob and Scott for Vitters, Veal, Cedeno, and Marquis (plus cash)? Samardjza has NTC.

How about BRob and Scott for Vitters, Veal, Cedeno, and Marquis (plus cash)? Samardjza has NTC.

Add Walker or Baez to this deal(and you can take out the cash part) and I would make that deal.

To be honest, I would trade BRob for Vitters straight up I think, as long as his defense at third is good and there is no doubt he stays there long term.

I would prefer one other player or someone better than Veal(say Marshall instead?) but I would ultimately probably make that deal.

Just curious. When is Vitters projected to be ML-ready?

IMO, any deal with Roberts going to CHC would have to include at least one of Cedeno or Fonenot. I agree with SG and would rather have Marshall than Veal. I don't see why we couldn't get a package including both Hill and Vitters for Scott and Roberts.

Just curious. When is Vitters projected to be ML-ready?

IMO, any deal with Roberts going to CHC would have to include at least one of Cedeno or Fonenot. I agree with SG and would rather have Marshall than Veal. I don't see why we couldn't get a package including both Hill and Vitters for Scott and Roberts.

Yea, Hill would be the one to get.

The deal I think I would ask for is this:

BRob, Walker or Baez and Scott for Hill, Vitters, Cedeno and Marquis.

I don't want Marquis at all but I am convinced AM is going to sign a pitcher to a 1 or 2 year deal that is similar to Marquis, so mine as well make it Marquis and get rid of one of the expensive relievers.

BTW, i think Vitters is at least 2 years away from the majors.

I have to think that is a deal that all sides should be happy with.

Yea, Hill would be the one to get.

The deal I think I would ask for is this:

BRob, Walker or Baez and Scott for Hill, Vitters, Cedeno and Marquis.

I don't want Marquis at all but I am convinced AM is going to sign a pitcher to a 1 or 2 year deal that is similar to Marquis, so mine as well make it Marquis and get rid of one of the expensive relievers.

BTW, i think Vitters is at least 2 years away from the majors.

I have to think that is a deal that all sides should be happy with.

Since the Cubs are giving up Hill instead of Veal in this scenario, shouldn't Baez/Walker be subtracted from the equation?

Not if we take on Marquis and that bad contract.

Not a very compelling argument when you yourself admit that similar pitchers will be getting similar contracts on the open market.

That's just the going rate for league-averagish backend innings-eaters.

Sorry Dave, I was also unaware of the NTC. Being the Cubs analyst, what do you think a fair Roberts trade would be this year?

If I was Hendry the names I'd be floating would be Hill, Fontenot, Cedeno, Wuertz, Veal.

Maybe Nate Spears' name comes up. His production in the pitching-friendly Southern League suggests he looks like he could have a decent future in MLB.

Kevin Hart is another former O that could be returned to the nest.

Marquis, sure.

Archived