What would it take for the Cubs to land B-Rob this year?

GotNitro

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only way would be if the Orioles feel Rich Hill can be turned around and that they can get Pie and flip him to another team in need of an OFer for something that we need.

Hill would easily be the 2nd best starter on our team. IMO the Cubs sent him out to fast. I would only take Pie if I had him in another deal. I believe he's got BUST written all over him!

Hill would easily be the 2nd best starter on our team. IMO the Cubs sent him out to fast. I would only take Pie if I had him in another deal. I believe he's got BUST written all over him!

Hill can't throw a strike...Even Dave, who has touted him highly, recently made a comment that he would like to get something useful for him(paraphrasing there).

Again, he is a great buy low guy but he can't be the best player we are getting back for BRob.

If we could get a guy like Chase Headley for Pie, that would be something that could work well for us.

Hill can't throw a strike...Even Dave, who has touted him highly, recently made a comment that he would like to get something useful for him(paraphrasing there).

Again, he is a great buy low guy but he can't be the best player we are getting back for BRob.

If we could get a guy like Chase Headley for Pie, that would be something that could work well for us.[/QUOTE]

Agreed ...I'd have no problem with that if its possible. But again I'd be sure I have a taker for Pie.

The only way would be if the Orioles feel Rich Hill can be turned around and that they can get Pie and flip him to another team in need of an OFer for something that we need.

Well that's a big gamble. Pie is overrated to begin with and I doubt teams see him more than a 4th OF. And a reclamation project with Hill might be less likely to succeed than Vitters actually realizing his potential.

Well that's a big gamble. Pie is overrated to begin with and I doubt teams see him more than a 4th OF. And a reclamation project with Hill might be less likely to succeed than Vitters actually realizing his potential.

Well, you have to know that going into things.

If we know some team likes Pie and sees him as their future CF and we can get something very good for him, that is the only way we could get around having to get Vitters...If not, then it has to be Vitters.

Then how about Hill, Vitters, Fontenot, Cedeno, & ____________.

for Roberts & Scott

As i said, the best deal for us, IMO, would be Vitters, Hill, Cedeno and Marquis for Walker, BRob and Scott.

If we were lucky, we could squeeze out one more player...maybe a guy like Wuertz but the above deal would be fine with me.

Hill goes into our rotation and Cedeno goes to SS....Marquis also goes into the rotation and gives AM that back of the rotation guy he wants.

And we put Vitters in the minors to be our future third baseman.

That allows us to sign Burnett and go with AJ, Guthrie, Marquis, Hill and(in all likelihood), Olson.

We would then need to obtain a second baseman(Huff for Sean Rodriguez and another player?).

Archived