New? trade partners for Ramon

GotNitro

Wieters should go to the minors until April 15 whether we deal Ramon or not.

We should be getting rid of Ramon for whatever we can get and eat as little salary as possible.

Agree 100 %. I really do not think we have any idea how bad Ramon is for our young pitchers. As for Wieters, even if he is Babe Ruth is ST we should be patient. It delays the inevitable clash with Boras for another year.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we talking about the same Bailey here? Those packages wouldn't even get the hat from his head.

Hell, I'm not sure those packages would get the hat from anyone's head.

I do not think the Reds would make that trade but Bailey is not as highly thought of as he once was. The reason they would not do that deal is payroll. All that said I would trade Ramon for Beetle Bailey.

SportsGuy....Gonzalez was out all last year...and unsure if he starts 2009 on the DL. Also I have been saying Hernandez for Robertson or a 2nd name/trade option is Carlos Guillen...We would have to get money back because of his big contract plus a good young player back.

Gonzalez is supposed to be healthy after the first of the the year. The O's may be watching his progress. Its a wait and see game.

I would if the Willis contract is not too expensive. He was a good pitcher at one time. Then fell off the table. But why not take a chance on him if all you ahd to give up was Ramon? But i do belive they would want more than just Ramon coming abck to them in a trade.

Fair enough. But a Weiters extension can be completed the day before the season starts -- unlike just about everything else on the to-do list.

Just playing with ya man. I also want Weiters signed long term, but that priority is WAY down the list of things MacPhail needs to get done. I'd like to see Zaun in here as backup catcher and starter for the first month. Let Weiters have a few weeks down in the minors to alleviate that stupid rule (that I still see no positive for either the team or the player) and then bring Weiters up and let Zaun start about 2 games a week. Zaun will be back with his uncle, able to play a fair amount of games, AND be able to mentor a young stud. I see no reason why Zaun will not be an Oriole next season.

Sports Guys, yes he is owed 10 mil in 2010. However using creative accounting we are/would be trading 1 yr/9 mil (Hernandez) for 2 yrs/17 mil (Robertson) or a net gain of Robertson for 2yrs/8 mil. Then you trade Cabrera for a SS. I would rather have Robertson than Cabrera with the big PLUS that we have moved Hernandez w/o sending any cash. The Tigers can send us

a C+ prospect back.

We need to start (yesterday) moving parts that we can move to fill holes that we have (3/4 SP and a SS) and go hard after Tex and A J, also remembering how much money comes off the book next year.

Sports Guys, yes he is owed 10 mil in 2010. However using creative accounting we are/would be trading 1 yr/9 mil (Hernandez) for 2 yrs/17 mil (Robertson) or a net gain of Robertson for 2yrs/8 mil. Then you trade Cabrera for a SS. I would rather have Robertson than Cabrera with the big PLUS that we have moved Hernandez w/o sending any cash. The Tigers can send us

a C+ prospect back.

We need to start (yesterday) moving parts that we can move to fill holes that we have (3/4 SP and a SS) and go hard after Tex and A J, also remembering how much money comes off the book next year.

I am aware of this...the net gain on the payroll is 8 million over 2 years.

The idea is to not have the money on the payroll for 2010.

I mean Dusty Baker loves pitchers who can throw 130 pitches each game. Look at Livan Hernandez and Russ Ortiz in San Fran, Wood and Prior in Chicago, and this year with Volquez and Cueto. I am just saying that DCab would fit right in.

No fair mentioning that name when I'm trying to have my breakfast :puke::puke:

Archived