(Edit: Orioles get 1st pick after walkoff homer by Diamondbacks)

Greenpastures23

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

I don't blame the players. AZ is the same as any other team, they want to win any game. :noidea: Is what it is.

At least we know there was no intentional tanking going on this weekend. After losing that 7-0 lead Friday night I had my suspicions. 

• Upvote 2

Absolutely horrible year but this ending takes the sting out of it to some extent. Being THIS bad and not getting the first pick would have been a brutal kick in the nards (on top of the legion of other kicks in the nards the Orioles have so generously provided in recent years).

Sucks for AZ fans, but I promised to start a D'backs franchise on MLB The Show 21 and lead them back to the promised land if they beat the Rockies while watching the MLB.com play-by-play of the 9th inning on my phone, and I am a man of my word, so I think that means we're pretty much even :clap:

21 minutes ago, waroriole said:

Meh I’m kinda happy that Toronto isn’t gonna make it after being so close. 

I'm with you in the minority on this one, I would actually rather BOS makes it in than TOR. I hate the Blue Jays so much lol.

:mad: CITO SUCKS :mad:

• Upvote 2

Here's hoping that some kid steps up and becomes the consensus #1 pick ala Harper, Rutschman, or Strasburg, making all this angst worth while. We've already got a top five minor league system, imagine what Elias and Sid can do with additional top picks and more money to sign them. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Here's hoping that some kid steps up and becomes the consensus #1 pick ala Harper, Rutschman, or Strasburg, making all this angst worth while. We've already got a top five minor league system, imagine what Elias and Sid can do with additional top picks and more money to sign them. 

AR and G-Rod graduate next year but it's still got the chance to be a great system with Hall, Cowser, Henderson, Mayo and Mr. #1.

So, the original thread title was 100% wrong: the 2021 O’s were not the worst team in Orioles’ history (by record), and we did catch the Diamondbacks.   

I didn’t want the O’s to lose their way into the no. 1 pick, but since we did lose, we may as well have the pick!

One way to look at this: we won the maximum number of games we could win while still getting the no. 1 pick.  Good job!  (I guess.)

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, scOtt said:

best-ever-spaghetti-meat-sauce-fb-ig-3.j

I grew up thinking the parsley was there just for the visual garnish effect, but now I know it actually takes the taste to a new level. I always include parsley when preparing pasta now.

• Upvote 1