Is Elijah Green a once in a generation talent?

36 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

A colleague of mine's son is moving down to FL so his son can do his senior year at IMG.  If you have the means and the talent, it's probably the best "high school" to use as a platform to show off your skills.  Kids from all over the country move to Bradenton, Fl to play all the various sports they offer.  We run into them in Basketball every year.  While our team is a perennial top 10 in the nation team, IMG is is a class above.  Same in all sports.  Not really a high school, it's a sports academy where talented kids go to learn how to become professionals at an early age. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?key_school=9d754fec&exact=1&query_type=key_school

This is my first look at an exact HIGH SCHOOL using B-Ref's always awesome tools.   I see they had three of the Top 50 guys in 2019's draft, who I guess would have been seniors when Green was a freshman (if he's been there since 9th grade), and this past year I guess he played alongside James Wood that the Padres put $2.6M on.

11 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?key_school=9d754fec&exact=1&query_type=key_school

This is my first look at an exact HIGH SCHOOL using B-Ref's always awesome tools.   I see they had three of the Top 50 guys in 2019's draft, who I guess would have been seniors when Green was a freshman (if he's been there since 9th grade), and this past year I guess he played alongside James Wood that the Padres put $2.6M on.

That's a crazy tool, for sure!  And those are a lot of draft picks in the last 15 years.  

Here is  a list of some notable alumni

List of IMG Academy alumni - Wikipedia

11 hours ago, emmett16 said:

A colleague of mine's son is moving down to FL so his son can do his senior year at IMG.  If you have the means and the talent, it's probably the best "high school" to use as a platform to show off your skills.  Kids from all over the country move to Bradenton, Fl to play all the various sports they offer.  We run into them in Basketball every year.  While our team is a perennial top 10 in the nation team, IMG is is a class above.  Same in all sports.  Not really a high school, it's a sports academy where talented kids go to learn how to become professionals at an early age. 

While true they haven’t produced a ton of MLB players. 

On 8/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, emmett16 said:

Great info, thank you.

You can watch for yourself Sept 3-9. He is playing on the USA baseball 18u team and it will be live streamed on their Facebook page. 

You can also watch his high school home games. They are live streamed on the img homepage and it looks like their season starts around February. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sevastras said:

You can watch for yourself Sept 3-9. He is playing on the USA baseball 18u team and it will be live streamed on their Facebook page. 

You can also watch his high school home games. They are live streamed on the img homepage and it looks like their season starts around February. 

I’ll let the people who actually know what to look for watch him.   I’m definitely not one of those people.   No way I could look at a high school swing and tell you how it might project at the pro level.  All I’d see is the result of the swing.