Thu Aug 19: early afternoon finale in Tampa

SteveA

Gametime:  1:10 pm

MatchupJorge Lopez (R) vs Shane McLanahan (L)

Lineups

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Trey Mancini (R) DH
3. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
4. Austin Hays (R) LF
5. Pedro Severino (R) C
6. Anthony Santander (S) RF
7. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
8. Jorge Mateo (R) 2B
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

1. Brandon Lowe (L) 2B
2. Wander Franco (S) SS
3. Nelson Cruz (R) DH
4. Austin Meadows (L) LF
5. Ji-Man Choi (L) 1B
6. Randy Arozarena (R) RF
7. Joey Wendle (L) 3B
8. Francisco Mejia (S) C
9. Brett Phillips (L) CF

Orioles Bench
Mikael Franco (R)
DJ Stewart (L)
Austin Wynns (R)

Bullpen Availability (last pitched)

Available
   Fernando Abad* 2.0 IP, 31p Monday; 0.1 IP, 24p Sunday
   Marcos Diplan 1.0 IP, 18p Tuesday; 1.0 IP, 16p Sunday

Cole Sulser  0.2 IP, 7p Tuesday
   Dillon Tate,  1.0 IP, 16p last night
   Tyler Wells 0.2 IP, 10p Tuesday

Probably Available
   Paul Fry*  0.0 IP, 16p last night;  0.2 IP, 29p Monday 

Connor Wade 1.2 IP, 23p Tuesday; 2.0 IP, 28p Sunday

Maybe Available 
   Cesar Valdez 2.0 IP, 26p last night

Not available
   Tanner Scott* 1.0 IP, 17p last night; 0.2 IP, 20p Tuesday; 0.2 IP, 16p Sunday

* denotes a lefthander

• Upvote 1

Game Notes

• Ryan Mountcastle has a 10 game hitting streak
  • Orioles have lost 14 in a row for the 2nd time this year.  The only other AL team to have 2 14 game losing streaks in a season were the Boston Hustlers/Braves, who did it twice, in 1911 & 1915.
  • The Orioles have been outscored by 91 runs in the 14 games, the worst run differential in a 14 game losing streak ever recorded.
  • Trey Mancini (DH) and Anthony Santander (RF) are back in the lineup today after missing yesterday with sore calf (Mancini) and ankle (Santander).  DJ Stewart sat out last night with a sore knee and is not in the lineup today but that doesn't necessarily mean he is still hurting.  He rarely if ever starts vs LH pitching.
  • Upvote 1

I did not even know there was a game so early, I just got a notification that Austin Meadows had walked and Brandon Lowe had scored. And I said to myself, “whoever is pitching, he sucks.” I thought it was Harvey, but it’s Lopez, so what, he sucks, he just sucks less than most of our other guys.

And I don’t care. Let’s go see what Seattle is doing…

Roch says Hyde and the trainer came out to see Lopez, and that his velo is down.

But he convinced them to let him stay in the game and he struck out Arozarena.

Well, when the first 5 batter reach, only giving up 2 runs is kind of a moral victory.

When I was in the army, I was infantry, and TC of an M113 armored personnel carrier. When we were out in the field, it was always obscenely hot. Even the .50 would be too hot to even touch, except by the wooden handles. An APC is basically just an aluminum furnace, and the first few days of the exercise, when we stopped, the driver and I would try to find a shady spot inside the hatch that was at least out of the direct sun. 

But there came a time during the exercise where we just stopped caring. We were too tired, and we would just let the sun beat on us. We knew it would stop eventually, it would rain, or we move into a forest area, or the sun would go down, but at the moment we just didn’t care.

And the sun beat on us and we didn’t care.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Roch says Hyde and the trainer came out to see Lopez, and that his velo is down.

But he convinced them to let him stay in the game and he struck out Arozarena.

Well, when the first 5 batter reach, only giving up 2 runs is kind of a moral victory.

Sadly, that was exactly my thought.

So the game tracker I am following on CBS sports first said that Santander doubled, then they changed it to a groundout to third?

What happened?

(I'm using that one because MLB Gameday has really been giving me problems lately, not updating for minutes at a time in teh middle of at bats).

Just now, SteveA said:

So the game tracker I am following on CBS sports first said that Santander doubled, then they changed it to a groundout to third?

What happened?

(I'm using that one because MLB Gameday has really been giving me problems lately, not updating for minutes at a time in teh middle of at bats).

Oh, Severino doubled and Santander grounded out.   My bad.

OK, we won't be no hit.