Prediction thread: 11/22 Terps vs. FSU

OregonBird

A very big game this weekend vs. the 'Noles. There's a chance to possibly clinch the division and play for the conference title. The stadium will be rocking.

I don't know how to feel about this game. The Terps have a lot going their way as it's a home game, its going to be cold, and FSU is unranked. The crowd is going to be into the game.

However, its against an unranked team and its on ESPN on Sat night. I can't put a finger on the exact reason but whenever the Terps seem to start getting respect, whenever important folks are watching and others begin to take notice, when the team has the chance to make a statement they go out and lay an egg. I hope the Fridge can get these kids up for the game, its all right there in front of them. What team will we see on Sat night? I honestly don't know. It's a 50/50 shot that this team sees that FSU isn't ranked and perhaps takes them lightly.

This isn't the old FSU but they are still dangerous. They have plenty of speed and some size at WR, enough to give the Terps inconsistent secondary some fits. I'm thinking the secondary gives these guys 12 yard cushions so as to not get beat deep and then Ponder simply throws 7 yd passes relying on YAC the whole night. As far as FSU's defense, I assume they are still formidable.

I think the Noles escape w/a win, just too much speed. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong.

Anybody see the choke by Wake? They were up 5, BC's offense had like 18 yards total in the 2nd half. The BC QB had put the ball on the ground twice, nothing was going right for BC.

BC's final drive starting deep in BC territory Wake's DC decides to rush 3 and play prevent, letting the pressure off the backup QB. On a 3rd and long he completes a long pass into Wake territory where he just throws it up for grabs and the WR outmuscles the DB. A few passes and a run later, TD!

Terps need to win out to play in the ACC championship. Big game, the pressure is on, its on ESPN against a talented team wanting to play spoiler. This is precisely why I don't feel good about tonight.

The good news is, if the Terps do actually win tonight they'll get BC's backup QB next week b/c Crane is out w/a broken collarbone. Except for the final drive, Davis looked horrible today.

Well, the fumble puts the terps down 14-0. I see we're going to make Franklin work for his money tonight, huh?

Honestly, I was afraid this would happen. This team looks a little flat to me tonight and they certainly aren't out muscling FSU on offense or defense. So far they are just too fast, too athletic and too strong for the Terps.

This MD performance has been disappointing thus far. At home, on TV, in the cold, blackout (blah, blah, blah), playing for a chance to go to Tampa and this team is underachieving.

I hope they can turn it around in the 2H.

Did you guys hear something about an FSU player getting a Rhodes Scholar? I wish they'd talk more about it. :rolleyes:

Yes, getting that scholarship is a big deal. I'm happy for the guy, but for so much of this broadcast to be dedicated to that story is ridiculous. And, of course, as I'm typing this they show the guy putting on his shoes in the locker room.

Is that what this is all about? I was wondering because I just turned on the game and they are acting like he's Deion sanders flying in from a major league baseball game.

Archived