Hangouters have stopped being fans

Winning_Season

I think people should stop questioning others' "fandom." It kills me when the Orioles go on a losing streak, but if I really believed that a six-game losing streak would cause the front office to have some blinding flash of insight, I'd be all for it.

It so happens I don't believe that, so I'll take a six-game winning streak instead. :P

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then maybe, we can win 85 games!!! WOOHOOO!!
I really enjoy watching the games and I really don't care how many wins we have at the end of the season. It would be nice if it added up to enough to get to the playoffs but what matters to me most is having the realistic expectation of a win every time we play. I've been getting that feleing more and more lately and I enjoy it. I like the way the team has been playing. If we had one big bopper instead of Huff it would be even more fun to watch them play.

and I really don't care how many wins we have at the end of the season.

So wait, SG is not a real fan for wanting to get to the playoffs and win a World Series but people with this attitude are?

P.S. I definitely am not saying you aren't an O's fan, but to say that SG isn't one is also absurd.

Get off your God D@$# high horse for once in your life

You're out of line, dude. We've been cracking down on coarse/foul language here lately as things have become a little too loose.

This isn't an acceptable post or language. No personal attacks, no foul language even if it's masked with #$#*@#.

I implore EVERYONE to read or re-read the Board Policies and Rules as well as the guidelines for Thread Ratings and Reputation.

I really enjoy watching the games and I really don't care how many wins we have at the end of the season. It would be nice if it added up to enough to get to the playoffs but what matters to me most is having the realistic expectation of a win every time we play. I've been getting that feleing more and more lately and I enjoy it. I like the way the team has been playing. If we had one big bopper instead of Huff it would be even more fun to watch them play.

So if we win 75 games ever year for the next 20 years, you won't care?

I think his point is that our goal shouldn't be a certain number of wins, but that we are good enough to have a shot in every game.

You could also argue that we are close to that point now.

You could but the argument is poor.

Well, I guess if you say so it must be true.

We've lost 28 games this year by two runs or less, including none since July 5.

The bullpen is performing better, the offense is performing better, and the starters are still pitching well.

We're not going to compete this season, and if we can make good trades (not trades; GOOD trades) we should. However, this season is not hopeless, and neither is next year. We can just as easily build off of any success we have now and use it towards long-term success then just dump everyone for prospects (even good ones) and still have to wait several years for a return, if we get any.

We've lost 28 games this year by two runs or less, including none since July 5.

So what? This argument is so ridiculous...A lot of baseball games are close. The Orioles are still a 75 win team. That is not close to anything.

The bullpen is performing better, the offense is performing better, and the starters are still pitching well.

Saying the pen and offense is doing better is a real accomplishment. :rolleyes:

We're not going to compete this season, and if we can make good trades (not trades; GOOD trades) we should
Well, since i don't remember seeing anyone say dump the "good" players for nothing, this is pretty obvious
However, this season is not hopeless
Depends on what happens over the next week.
and neither is next year
If their plan stays the same(you know, the plan you think is so good), then yes, next year is hopeless too.
We can just as easily build off of any success we have now and use it towards long-term success
How has that been working out for us?

How is that sand tasting?

So wait, SG is not a real fan for wanting to get to the playoffs and win a World Series but people with this attitude are?

P.S. I definitely am not saying you aren't an O's fan, but to say that SG isn't one is also absurd.

Please tell me where in any of my two posts in this thread I said or implied in way way that SG is not a real fan. I was simply expressing my reasons for rooting for the O's.

Of course I'll be disappointed but if they play great baseball it really wont matter. But I don't see how they could play good baseball lke they have been under Trembley and just win 75 games.

That would have to be a lot of one run games.

We can just as easily build off of any success we have now and use it towards long-term success then just dump everyone for prospects (even good ones) and still have to wait several years for a return, if we get any.

Building off success usually means your core is more likely to improve or hold steady than regress, and it's just not.

Archived