Brandon Hyde deserves credit

accinfo

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I believe there are too many fans on social media sites, FB and MASN, for example, that have nothing but pure hate for Hyde and blame him for everything, regardless of the issue.

He is like their scapegoat, and if he was replaced the entire team would miraculously become better.

Yes..those people are called morons.

To blame Hyde for anything on this team is like blaming the passengers for the Titanic sinking.

Im not saying he does everything right..no manager does and “right” can usually only be defined in hindsight anyway.

On top of that, managers don’t matter much in baseball.  Their top job is keeping the clubhouse together, providing a good culture and managing egos.

In game, most of them are basically the same.  They go with lefty/lefty or righty/righty, genuinely take out starters around 90-100 pitches, etc..it’s all the same nowadays.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes..those people are called morons.

To blame Hyde for anything on this team is like blaming the passengers for the Titanic sinking.

Im not saying he does everything right..no manager does and “right” can usually only be defined in hindsight anyway.

On top of that, managers don’t matter much in baseball.  Their top job is keeping the clubhouse together, providing a good culture and managing egos.

In game, most of them are basically the same.  They go with lefty/lefty or righty/righty, genuinely take out starters around 90-100 pitches, etc..it’s all the same nowadays.  

Yea, I wouldn't quite say they "don't matter" or "matter much," but most of their impact is behind the scenes stuff that translates to wins/losses through how it impacts thier players and their performance

Robby Ray on the Jays postgame show. “They very rarely swing at my slider, which is pretty..uh.. curious.” He also made a comment about how he pitched well against us in Toronto. Maybe he said something mid game accusing us of stealing signs? I could see how that would make Hyde react that way. Poor Robby Ray can’t comprehend the fact that the 46 win Orioles took him deep twice in the first.

37 minutes ago, tarheeloriole said:

Robby Ray on the Jays postgame show. “They very rarely swing at my slider, which is pretty..uh.. curious.” He also made a comment about how he pitched well against us in Toronto. Maybe he said something mid game accusing us of stealing signs? I could see how that would make Hyde react that way. Poor Robby Ray can’t comprehend the fact that the 46 win Orioles took him deep twice in the first.

What a douche. 

4 hours ago, tarheeloriole said:

We have also seen him a lot this year.  A product of the unbalanced schedule.

7 hours ago, tarheeloriole said:

Makes perfect sense that the Orioles would set up an elaborate sign stealing system, risking punishment and scandal, because they want to win 50 games just that badly.

• Haha 1