Attendance

Number5

Just now, LTO's said:

The annual post labor day weekday crowd shots. Still less embarrassing than the Rays situation. 

Yep the Rays sure are embarrassing...

Did you see they brought up yet another highly touted prospect the other day?

I guess they aren't as worried about service time as a small market team like the O's.

6 minutes ago, LTO's said:

The annual post labor day weekday crowd shots. Still less embarrassing than the Rays situation. 

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I guess they aren't as worried about service time as a small market team like the O's.

Talk about changing the subject…

Back on topic, the O’s drew under 5,000 fans each of the last two nights.   Now that’s embarrassing.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Talk about changing the subject…

Back on topic, the O’s drew under 5,000 fans each of the last two nights.   Now that’s embarrassing.   

Sure was.  Nothing embarrassing about the Rays.

They are winning and making a healthy profit.

To try and throw shade at them to make yourself feel better about the state of the O's is pretty sad.

Guess what team the Rays were playing when they set their record for low attendance earlier this season.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure was.  Nothing embarrassing about the Rays.

They are winning and making a healthy profit.

To try and throw shade at them to make yourself feel better about the state of the O's is pretty sad.

Guess what team the Rays were playing when they set their record for low attendance earlier this season.

It is embarrassing that the Rays are a perennially good team and yet draw so poorly.   It’s not the team that should be embarrassed, but the region doesn’t really deserve to have a major league team if they can’t support a winning team better than that.   

And this thread is in the MLB section and the O’s weren’t even mentioned in the OP, so how is anyone throwing shade at them to feel better about the O’s?

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are you kidding me? It's not embarrassing that a team that was literally JUST in the World Series and has comfortably been in first place for months now can't draw more than 8K fans a night? That's absolutely pathetic. And make no mistake, a lot of those numbers are juiced from Red Sox and Yankees fans completely overtaking that stadium when they play there. Sorry if that struck a nerve for some reason but it's true. 

I didn't say anything about the Orioles nor did the OP. I'm not sure if you watch the Orioles but that's clearly the Pirates stadium up there big guy. It's also hilarious that you think the Rays would've promoted Wander Franco if they were in the Os position and that the Os wouldn't have if they were in the Rays position. Must be nice living in your fantasy world. The Rays should take a bow for having the 26th highest payroll in baseball vs the O's 29th. Really labor friendly organization where the players should always expect to be paid handsomely.... 

• Upvote 1

RE:  Pirates, that sucks to see but it's not surprising.  The Pirates are bad and have been for awhile.  School is back in session, it's a school night.  Of course, Covid...while there are a lot of people who DGAF about being in crowds and being outside, there are still some who don't want to go out.

Add that all up, it's not too surprising.

It does suck that the Rays are always winning but never draw.  That region doesn't deserve a team if they can't support it, I agree with @Frobby.  However, part of me wonders if they'd draw if they played in a better ballpark, too.  

Is CoC in here beating the service clock dead horse again?  Surprising.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

RE:  Pirates, that sucks to see but it's not surprising.  The Pirates are bad and have been for awhile.  School is back in session, it's a school night.  Of course, Covid...while there are a lot of people who DGAF about being in crowds and being outside, there are still some who don't want to go out.

Add that all up, it's not too surprising.

It does suck that the Rays are always winning but never draw.  That region doesn't deserve a team if they can't support it, I agree with @Frobby.  However, part of me wonders if they'd draw if they played in a better ballpark, too.  

Is CoC in here beating the service clock dead horse again?  Surprising.  

And Pittsburgh sports fans are ready for the start of the NFL season and hockey is just right around the corner. The next time most of them think about the Pirates again is next April. 

And I'm not even sure there are 800 fans in attendance from that photo much less 8,000. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The 8,474 number is paid attendance right?  So that includes season tickets.

Yes.   A lot of no shows today.   Probably stayed home to watch the NFL opening weekend.  The O’s celebrated it by allowing Toronto to put up a football score.