Orioles win -- Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, and Blue Jays lose

SteveA

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Its probably been 6 years since the O's had anyone sweating bullets.

Hey, don’t forget that the O’s started 2017 at 22-10!   I actually started this thread in the midst of that euphoria (just in case any thought I knew the first thing about baseball):

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Fun read.

Now about your worst nightmare....

Fun yet depressing.  

My worst nightmares have gotten worse in the ensuing four years.    My comment in that thread was that never in my worst nightmare did I think the O’s pitching would be as bad as it had over the last 30 games.   I just went back and looked and the team ERA in the 31 games preceding my comment was 5.98.   That’s a hot month for the 2021 staff!   (Not really, but we’ve seen worse stretches than that, for sure).   

I’d actually forgotten how good our record was at the start of 2017.   I’d remembered it more as a year where we hovered around .500 or just below for much of the year, then collapsed in the last 3-4 weeks.   

16 hours ago, SteveA said:

Last night the O's win and every other team in the division lost.

I believe that might be the first time in four years that has happened.

One night later..... Turn about is fair play they say.  With an extra loss for us due to the dh sweep (ouch).   
I don’t root for the O’s to lose but I was intrigued by the idea of the Red Sox, Yankees, Blue Jays, Mariners and Athletics all ending the day with 64 losses.  Looks like the east teams will be at 63, west 65.