Yet Again...

RFisthaMan

Right, but most expect Miami, VaTech and FSU to win the ACC. They have "programs" while MD does not. MD has "teams." MD gets pushed around when they play "programs."

All I'm saying is that this team doesn't seize the moment.

Well, their "programs" are doing just as well as our "team". Either we're doing something right (stunning, I know :rolleyes:) or they are doing a lot of things wrong :laughlol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, but most expect Miami, VaTech and FSU to win the ACC. They have "programs" while MD does not. MD has "teams." MD gets pushed around when they play "programs."

Exactly. Anytime a "program" plays a UMD "team" the "program" dominates.

Any time MD faces a team on the downslope they still blow it. UMD has no foundation as a national program.

A powerhouse- HA. That's a joke. These players have absolutely no heart. No desire. Once again the Terps blow it. Should I be suprised?

(On a side note... Congratulations to the FSU player, Rolle, that earned a Rhodes Scholar award. As much as I hate FSU, that individual deserves his accolades (sp). It's nice to see a "meathead" earn such a prestigous award.

OK, good night Irene, 34-3.

Seriously, its one thing to lose a game and to lose a big game. It's another thing to not even be competitive. Virginia and FSU were two of the most embarassing efforts I've seen by this team. The MTSU effort was a pretty poor one as well. I can handle a loss but this isn't how you play football.

Ralph really needs to step back and evaluate this program. It's a failure in recruiting and coaching.

Ralph with another no show in a big game, what a surprise. The worst part is that this team did enough this year to save his job.

According to Ralph this was supposed to be "his best team" while at MD. Its only getting worse from here in the years to come. This was the perfect storm year that we needed to seize the ACC. We will not get another chance like this for years. The ACC will not be down like this and give us this oppurtunity again anytime soon.

So many wasted opportunities this year. Will MD ever get a legit QB here? If not than this year is the peak of what you can expect. Turner and Steffy are D1 backups at best and I really have low expectations for Portis (nothing upstairs). Heyward-Bey is the best WR in the nation IMO and his talent gets wasted every game.

Wake me when Fridge is gone.

Ralph with another no show in a big game, what a surprise. The worst part is that this team did enough this year to save his job.

According to Ralph this was supposed to be "his best team" while at MD. Its only getting worse from here in the years to come. This was the perfect storm year that we needed to seize the ACC. We will not get another chance like this for years. The ACC will not be down like this and give us this oppurtunity again anytime soon.

So many wasted opportunities this year. Will MD ever get a legit QB here? If not than this year is the peak of what you can expect. Turner and Steffy are D1 backups at best and I really have low expectations for Portis (nothing upstairs). Heyward-Bey is the best WR in the nation IMO and his talent gets wasted every game.

Wake me when Fridge is gone.

Ok Rip Van Winkle...

Will MD ever get a legit QB here? If not than this year is the peak of what you can expect. Turner and Steffy are D1 backups at best and I really have low expectations for Portis (nothing upstairs).

You do have a point here. We've got another year of Turner and Portis. After that, there's nothing really in the pipeline unless Jamar Robinson has some secret hidden talents we know nothing about.

Next year will look similar to this year but after that, there's no bonafide QB ready to take the program to the next level.

I'm afraid its a 6-7 win team from here on out.

Your signature says it all....this football team is all talk. Truth is, Maryland's ceiling is probably a 7-8 win "team" in a given season. But once every 5-10 years, the planets should align and they should be able to play their way into the ACC Championship Game. This should have been one of those years, but everyone from the coaching staff down to the 3rd-stringers failed to "seize the moment." And when they fail to do that, that makes them no better than the UNCs, Wakes and GA Techs of the world. The fact that MD might average one win more per season than those schools hardly seems relevant to me. In fact, back in 2006 Wake Forest seized their moment, so the Terps are really no better than them.

Absolutely pathetic. This game is over. F Maryland.

I have to say - you can be disappointed... but to bail on your team because they lost...

That's pathetic.

We have a huge game coming up this week with so much on the line...stretching this team to eight wins and the possibility of a ninth.

Come on Terps! I'm still pullin' for you!!!!

Go Terps!

I don't have a lot of confidence in the Terps vs. BC. Instead, the team and the coaching staff will get a lesson in how to prepare for a game and take care of business when they need to do so. They'll also see how to prepare a backup QB for the game.

BC doesn't have many of the 4 star guys but they find a way to get it done. Coach Jags and Spaziani will have those boys coached up and ready for the game.

I'm expecting the Terps players to "mail it in" since they aren't playing for the ACC title game and they've got a bowl bid locked up. It won't be a "statement" game, that's for sure.

Well... you might be right.

I guess the one thing that I've learned about this team - meaning this group of players (both this year and the last) - is that you really never know what you're going to get.

While I was leaving Byrd last night, I had similar thoughts... but, I also thought that UNC would control the game and beat the Terps.

It almost makes you wonder who will show.

My fingers are crossed that the attacking D that we saw for most of the UNC game will show and that line will give Turner the time he needs... the poor kid got absolutely wrecked last night. Even Scott McBrien commented on how hard he was hit and that it's very hard to maintain composure when you are get hammered... not just hit.

Turner played terribly even when he had time to throw. He didn't singlehandedly lose the game or anything like that, but he was beyond awful.

Fridge really needs to get a top level QB in here. Since McBrien QB has been a huge achilles heel for this team.

When Ralph had someone else's players, it lookes as if the Terps were headed towards becoming a real football team. But, ever since he's had his own bums - I mean players - this team has been mediocre at best. When they have to play a real game, they blow it. And, I know they beat some ranked teams this year...but most of those were teams that shouldn't have been ranked. UNC really isn't very good. Cal had the typical "west coast team playing east at noon" syndrome. Wake isn't all that good. When the Terps have to play real football "programs" like VT and FSU, they look like a complete embarrassment. We all want to blame the QB last night, but let's not forget a few things.

The OL couldn't have blocked my grandmother...and she's asleep by 8:00.

The secondary didn't really feel like covering anyone...or tackling anyone.

The offense wasted every, single trip in to FSU territory. Once they got close, the game plan forced them to just mail it in.

Sure, Turner stunk. But every single aspect of the team was pathetic. There is blame to go to every player and coach. Maryland football is back to what it has been....an afterthought. I miss Scott McBrien & Co...:(

That's rediculous. Maryland football is not an afterthought. Please. So they laid a goose egg. Get over it. But that statement is silly. So their not in the top 5. Only a select few programs are in that league. The Terps have a shot at a 9 win season. It ain't over yet.

Guest Sailor Jerry

Wow, Turner is getting the blame for this one, really? When the O-line played as bad as it did? Turner gets sacked 5 times in the first half and that's hits fault? Or were all those blitzers the line let waltz on through somehow the QB's fault?

Turner didn't play a good game by any means. His second interception was inexcusable. But the offensive line was dominated. It set the tone for the whole game. That was the whole game right there.

Archived