Thursday, Sept 16: last game vs the Yankees, in the twilight

SteveA

6 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Pitcher has an orange and black glove...

Looked yellow on my screen. 

It's interesting that sometimes people see colors different ways.   This car is as close a picture as I can find on the web of the first car I ever owned.   I always considered it orange.   One time I dropped it off for service and I noticed when I got my receipt that the service station guy had written "Yellow Dodge Dart" when he had filled out the form initially.   I never ever thought it was yellow but that was what he saw.

To keep this Oriole related, the beloved car, to this day the favorite care I have ever owned, met its demise 36 years ago next Tuesday in that parking lot up on the hill by City College High School across 33rd Street from Memorial Stadium.   I was parking it and negotiating through the window with a scalper for a ticket.  He was calling me "Slim".  "Hey Slim, I gotcha an upper deck seat behind home plate", etc.  Suddenly he said, Hey Slim, your car is on fire.   Sure enough there was some smoke starting to come from underneath the hood.  I put it in neutral and the guy helped me back it away from other cars and then got the hell out.   The Baltimore City Fire Department was called and they had to stop letting fans into that lot for the Yankee game that afternoon.   THe fire made both tires explode.  The battery after it was all over was a rounded molten lump.

They told me where it would be towed to (over by Hopkins somewhere about a mile away) and that I would have 48 or 96 hours or something to get it taken out of town or I would pay an abandoned vehicle fine.   I bought a ticket from the scalper and went to the game.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL198509210.shtml

220261-1000-0@2x.jpg?rev=2&f=1&nofb=1

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Looked yellow on my screen. 

It's interesting that sometimes people see colors different ways.   This car is as close a picture as I can find on the web of the first car I ever owned.   I always considered it orange.   One time I dropped it off for service and I noticed when I got my receipt that the service station guy had written "Yellow Dodge Dart" when he had filled out the form initially.   I never ever thought it was yellow but that was what he saw.

To keep this Oriole related, the beloved car, to this day the favorite care I have ever owned, met its demise 36 years ago next Tuesday in that parking lot up on the hill by City College High School across 33rd Street from Memorial Stadium.   I was parking it and negotiating through the window with a scalper for a ticket.  He was calling me "Slim".  "Hey Slim, I gotcha an upper deck seat behind home plate", etc.  Suddenly he said, Hey Slim, your car is on fire.   Sure enough there was some smoke starting to come from underneath the hood.  I put it in neutral and the guy helped me back it away from other cars and then got the hell out.   The Baltimore City Fire Department was called and they had to stop letting fans into that lot for the Yankee game that afternoon.   THe fire made both tires explode.  The battery after it was all over was a rounded molten lump.

They told me where it would be towed to (over by Hopkins somewhere about a mile away) and that I would have 48 or 96 hours or something to get it taken out of town or I would pay an abandoned vehicle fine.   I bought a ticket from the scalper and went to the game.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BAL/BAL198509210.shtml

220261-1000-0@2x.jpg?rev=2&f=1&nofb=1

If it wasn't a Hemi (which I doubt, no offense, NICE car!) No Hemi, NOT orange!

383? 318?