Sat Sept 18: Orioles at Red Sox

SteveA

Does that ump have something against Lowther?  Lowther made a perfect 3-2 pitch - easily caught the low end of the zone, and it's called ball 4.  Also, I think one of the first 2 balls was on the top end of the zone.  And this causes Lowther to leave the game.  I'd rather not switch to machines to call balls and strikes, but this kind of gross incompetence makes it necessary to change.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I'm keeping up just fine. Me and the person I was actually responding to finished the discussion amiably.  It's just you and your fixation that's still going on. It's funny, they understood what I meant and yet you felt a need to get involved.
    • It seems to me that you can boil about 70% of his struggles down to timing issues and 30% to whatever mental gymnastics he's going through, whether it's pressing, guessing at the plate, media/expectations getting in his head, etc. Cowser and Westburg recently remarked on a podcast how lonely it is to be struggling in the big leagues. That has a real impact, no matter the maturity level. You are on that struggle bus by yourself until you get off it.  He's expanding the zone more than he should, but also swinging at some good pitches and just flat missing/late on them or making weak contact. If I'm the Orioles coaching staff, I'm going all in on mechanical adjustments and trying to get his timing on track. I'm sure they're doing that.  But like someone else said in this thread, sometimes the ML level shines a light on an area that needs addressing that wasn't apparent in the minor leagues. The question is can he address it before Elias makes a move... I don't know. I'd say at this point it's not especially likely. Tonight is as good a chance as he's going to get with a struggling righty on the mound. If he can't show something tonight, the writing might be on the wall.
    • LOL.  It has nothing to do with his post.  If he had a choice between equal players at SS he’d take the defensive guy over the offensive guy.  He never said he wouldn’t take a superior player if he happened to be an offense first player.    Try and keep up.
    • This was our opening day lineup in 2022 - just two seasons ago! Cedric Mullins - CF Ryan Mountcastle - 1B Trey Mancini - DH Austin Hays - RF Anthony Santander - LF Ramón Urías - 2B Jorge Mateo - SS Robinson Chirinos - C Kelvin Gutiérrez - 3B   cleanup hitter Austin Hays can’t even scratch the starting lineup these days. Long strange trip indeed. 
    • Markakis pushed a ball over the fence for a homerun since that happened.
    • Right. I'll try and use smaller words. I was asking him if he would take a player like Jeter.  Jeter was a guy that played baseball for the Yankees who was not good at defense but was good at hitting the ball. He played Shortstop which is one of the positions he was talking about. Most folks think Jeter was really good overall even with being bad at defense.
    • Man. That is one helluva lineup, plus the bonus of Grayson pitching.  I’ve been along for the entire ride but still can’t believe the destination. What a joy to watch this team. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now