Indians sign Aquino

Fan4Life

Indians sign RHP Greg Aquino

Aquino was a league average reliever not too long ago. Last season played out much like 2007 though, with most of the season spent in Triple-A, and a handful of innings in the majors. Aquino didn't show his groundball inducing skills last season, but encouragingly did get a good percentage of swinging strikes in Norfolk, 14.3%. One of Mark Shapiro's weaknesses has been bullpen building, not alliteration, so if nothing else, this is a nice depth signing for 'Bus. Best case he turns in 20-25 innings of league average work in response to an injury.

He had moments... but never was consistent.

Indians sign RHP Greg Aquino

Aquino was a league average reliever not too long ago. Last season played out much like 2007 though, with most of the season spent in Triple-A, and a handful of innings in the majors. Aquino didn't show his groundball inducing skills last season, but encouragingly did get a good percentage of swinging strikes in Norfolk, 14.3%. One of Mark Shapiro's weaknesses has been bullpen building, not alliteration, so if nothing else, this is a nice depth signing for 'Bus. Best case he turns in 20-25 innings of league average work in response to an injury.

Also, The Royals signed Luis Hernandez.

I heard that a couple times during the season and I still don't understand it.

He had nine appearances between April and July. Nine. He had a couple times where he went four days between appearances and one where he went twelve. I'll admit, I was never expecting alot out of him, but what do people expect from a guy that the manager doesn't seem to want to use? :confused:

Archived