SteveA

Wednesday, September 29: Lowther takes on the Red Sox

• Plus Member

Gametime:  7:05 pm

Forecast:  66 degrees, no precipitation

Pregame CeremonyCedric Mullins will be presented the Most Valuable Oriole Award

MatchupNate Eovaldi (R) vs Zac Lowther (L)

Lineups

1. Enrique Hernandez (R) CF
2. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF
3. Rafael Devers (L) 3B
4. Xander Bogaerts (R) SS
5. J.D. Martinez (R) DH
6. Bobby Dalbec (R) 1B
7. Kevin Plawecki (R) C
8. Alex Verdugo (L) LF
9. Jose Iglesias (R) 2B

1. Cedric Mullins (L) CF
2. Ryan Mountcastle (R) 1B
3. Austin Hays (R) RF
4. Trey Mancini (R) DH
5. Pedro Severino (R) C
6. Ryan McKenna (R) LF
7. Pat Valaika (R) 2B
8. Kelvin Gutierrez (R) 3B
9. Richie Martin (R) SS

Orioles Bench
NickCiuffo (L)
Jahmai Jones (R)
Tyler Nevin (R)
Austin Wynns (R)

Bullpen Availabiity
Available
    Fernando Abad*   1.0 IP, 20p Sunday 
    Conner Greene   0.2 IP, 15p Sunday 
    Eric Hanhold  1.1 IP, 23p Sunday 
    Brooks Kriske  1.0 IP, 13p Saturday
    Cole Sulser   1.0 IP, 12p last night
    Dillon Tate    1.1 IP, 22p Saturday; 0.1 IP, 11p Friday
    Konner Wade  recalled from Norfolk Friday
    Spenser Watkins  recalled from Norfolk Saturday

Probably Available
    Joey Krehbiel  2.0 IP, 12p last night;  1.2 IP, 30p Saturday; 0.2 IP, 9p Friday

May not be available
    Marcos Diplan  2.0 IP, 22p last night;  2.0 IP, 35p Saturday 

Thomas Eshelman  1.0 IP, 13p Sunday [may be being saved to start in bullpen game Friday]

*denotes lefthander

Current Rotation (T=Today, A=Announced, G=Guess)
   Lowther (T), A. Wells (A), Bullpen game (A) [possibly Eshelman starting], Means (A), Zimmermann (A)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Pretty fair list.  So based on the 10 ups and 17 downs, would you consider the overall start of the season disappointing so far?
    • To some extent I feel like the use of Kyle Bradish's 6.8 years will be the story of if MLB and the MLBPA do anything about pitcher carousels in that time.    If the Arm Barns stay so big you can liberally enjoy every Driveline Student of the Month throwing their arms out 13 out of 26 weeks, using Kyle Bradish pitches 60-90 any given night may not be that big of a value proposition. How quickly does baseball want to drum Trey Mancini's early 30's reflexes out of the league?
    • Jeopardy! round Answer: 24-18-17-14-13-13-12-11-10 Question: How many pitches did each Oriole bat see in Saturday's game? Up to 5th today with one of the Big Six down.
    • This is sort of like Tony’s power rankings, but I’m evaluating players based on my expectations and hopes for them going into the season.   Here’s the rules: nobody’s allowed to be stagnant.  Their stock is either up or down. Guys who haven’t played yet due to injuries are stock down so far as I’m concerned because I hoped they’d be playing by now.  DSL/FCL guys are excluded since their season hadn’t started. These grades may seem harsh in some cases, but remember, the standard is what I hoped or expected.  Stock up: Rutschman, Rodriguez, Hall, Henderson, Norby, Bradish, Bautista, Rhodes, Williams, Haskin. Stock down: Mayo, Cowser, Stowers, Westburg, Kjerstad, Rom, Pinto, Lowther, Baumler, Baumann, Ortiz, Vavra, Young, Willems, Deson, Servideo, Rangel. I didn’t include Basallo, Hernandez or Trimble (who we knew was out for the year).    Just because I put someone on the stock down list doesn’t mean I don’t think highly of them or that I think they can’t bounce back.  It just means I was hoping for a bit more.    
    • He will need to adjust better both in game and between games as hitters have seen him more and he needs to be less predictable the second time through .. otherwise he will be a bullpen guy. 
    • FWIW Eno Sarris on this weekend's Rates and Barrels podcast guessed Top 15-20 come midseason re-ranks based on a seemingly flawless AA breakout while still 20 (seasonal age 21). Colorado's opposite SS this week Ezequiel Tovar also looks like a main rival for an Eastern League MVP award I really hope he doesn't get the playing time to challenge for.
  • Popular Contributors