Thursday, September 30: Home schedule comes to an end against Red Sox

SteveA

11 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, Phil, you lost me on this one, big guy.  It's not like he was a threat to get a hit.

I don’t pretend that Jones can hit, but it’s easier to make contact when you’re swinging away then when you are bunting, and after that first, hilariously comically bad bunt attempt, Why in the name of our sweet Savior did anybody endorse him trying it again?

If you make contact you’re probably going to advance the runner anyway.

2 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I think he had a 2.16 ERA since going to the bullpen.  I'm not an ace at baseball reference though.

I think he’s injured though, and not going to pitch again. I still want to try him as a piggyback guy with Akin. I think that would be amazing, to go from a wild 95 RHP to a wild 85 LHP guy.

Just now, Philip said:

I think he’s injured though, and not going to pitch again. I still want to try him as a piggyback guy with Akin. I think that would be amazing, to go from a wild 95 RHP to a wild 85 LHP guy.

I know, I was pointing out we don't have him because of that.  Yes Akin and Lopez would be nice (they'll probably have Lopez bridge the gape 2x a week) contrast, though I think you're shorting Akin some MPH.