I was just reading about him and thought perhaps he could be the long-term answer at short, then there was some comment on perhaps he may need to be moved to second or third. Sounded similar to Westburg and Henderson. Can no one stick at short? I'd like to find another Belanger who could hit a little.

I will say, reading some stuff on him, that he sounds like the type of prospect Elias would like.   I’m not the type to fall in love with any one prospect 9 months before the draft.    There’s a full season of data yet to come on all these guys before any decisions get made, and I’m sure Elias will want every last morsel of information before making his choice.   

• Like 1

Thinking Brooks Lee had me reflect on the draft that had Christian Colon (mature college SS) and Manny Machado. A few folks here wanted Colon selected because everyone thought he would make it to the majors in 2 years because he was the college guy. However, it ended up Manny who made it to the majors in 2+ years. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I was just reading about him and thought perhaps he could be the long-term answer at short, then there was some comment on perhaps he may need to be moved to second or third. Sounded similar to Westburg and Henderson. Can no one stick at short? I'd like to find another Belanger who could hit a little.

It seems like there are more people who think Lee can stick at SS.    Mack's Mets: Mack - 2022 MLB Draft Scouting Report - SS - Brooks Lee (macksmets.blogspot.com)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lee seems significantly better than Carter Young - both offensively and defensively.  And a lot of mocks have Young ahead of Lee.  I expect that will change - if it hasn't already. Young would be a nightmare pick for the O's, imo - strikes out way too much and might not stay in the infield - much less SS.