MD MSU Game Thread

Floater

Great win by the Terps tonight. Grant it Michigan couldn't really get anything going, but the Terps were relentless on both sides of the court.

Quite honestly, tonight may have been the first time I've ever seen Dave Neal look like he belonged on the court in a NCAA game. Either way, he had a great game and really sparked the terps along with Vasquez.

Long season ahead, but the Terps are showing some heart so far and maybe that means they can stay away from those crushing huge blown lead defeats like last year.

I agree, but he's been hurt every season before this one. After the game, Gary reminded everyone that he was all-metro in DC in high school, so the kid can play if he's healthy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a very accurate statement. I would love another strong showing just for personal effect, but right now, this is all we needed at this point in the season. Hopefully we could build off this.

Very excited to see what this team does down the line, hopefully MSU is the real deal and has a great season. It would really help this win.

I can't believe the announcer said that Dave Neal wouldn't get picked in a YMCA game if there were 12 guys on the court. Then right after that he drops this nugget "You can tell Mosley is not an athlete" WHAT?!

Would be great to get another win in this tourney, that would be awesome for the NCAA chances. I know its early, but with our OOC schedule being so weak, we need these.

That was definitely a cheap shot on him, why would you ever say that on National TV, he was kinda singing his praises at the end there I told my friend that he had a producer in his earpiece telling him something. That guy is a joke.

Amazing win and a ridiculous night from Dave Neal. The whole team played very well, with the exception of Cliff Tucker, who didn't do anything.

Bowie was phenomenal, Vasquez was the best player on the court during the stretch when the game went from a close one to a blowout, and Eric Hayes had the best defensive game I've ever seen him play.

Gregory and Dupree played pretty solidly as well. Helped that they were going against the 2nd string of MSU's big men, but if they play that well consistently, we can be a good enough team.

Great win for the Terps in Florida. I spent almost 6 hours in the ER late this afternoon and tonight battling a kidney stone and missed the game. I went out to my car around 9:30 and the game had ended with a great MD win. It sounds like they hustled all night and hit some big three's and rebounded okay. Let's keep the momentum going and hope for a win on Friday. I heard it's a 5:30 P.M. game.

Great win! The best part was that we didn't even play out of our minds in the backcourt to do it. Vas stuffed the stat sheet but didn't have his best night, Tucker barely played and did little, and JSK kept his warmups on the entire night. Bowie and Hayes were great, Mosley showed why he will be successful here, and Dave Neal had a career night. Braxton even showed us something.

Now let's beat Gonzaga!

Great win for the Terps in Florida. I spent almost 6 hours in the ER late this afternoon and tonight battling a kidney stone and missed the game. Let's keep the momentum going and hope for a win on Friday. I heard it's a 5:30 P.M. game.

Section get well soon. Hopefully the Terps play great today (5:30 ESPN) too.

I like the hustle of this team.

Mosley had a huge game in many different ways last night. Will this weekend be his coming out party?

Nice to know that the handlers of the Old Spice have no clue about our team. Maryland State

http://www.oldspiceclassic.com/

That is a very accurate statement. I would love another strong showing just for personal effect, but right now, this is all we needed at this point in the season. Hopefully we could build off this.

Very excited to see what this team does down the line, hopefully MSU is the real deal and has a great season. It would really help this win.

I can't believe the announcer said that Dave Neal wouldn't get picked in a YMCA game if there were 12 guys on the court. Then right after that he drops this nugget "You can tell Mosley is not an athlete" WHAT?!

Would be great to get another win in this tourney, that would be awesome for the NCAA chances. I know its early, but with our OOC schedule being so weak, we need these.

Those announcers were horrible. I think at one point they referred to Keith Booth as Kent.

They were definitely quite harsh on Neal. Now granted he's not the best player out there, but to flat out say he's no good and just rag on him on National TV was in poor taste if you ask me. The Mosley comments were pretty bad as well.

Huuuge win for the Terps, but you guys need to temper you enthusiasm just a bit.

State was playing without their big guy, Goran Suton, and I think it's clear that that will be Maryland's weakness this year. I really wasn't that impressed with Dupree at all. He made a couple open layups on flex cuts, but it's not like he showed some good post moves or anything.

That said, I was SO impressed (and have been this whole year so far) by Adrian Bowie. That kid can play. You guys definitely have one of the better backcourts in the league, with Hayes, Vasquez, and Bowie, not to mention whatever Mosley can turn into (Haven't been that impressed with him either, but it's early).

IF any of the big guys can actually become ANY sort of inside presence, no doubt in my mind Maryland is a tournament team. That's a pretty big IF though, seeing as I haven't really seen anything from any of them that suggests that will happen. We'll see what happens this afternoon against a team with some good bigs (Daye and Heytvelt).

Huuuge win for the Terps, but you guys need to temper you enthusiasm just a bit.

State was playing without their big guy, Goran Suton, and I think it's clear that that will be Maryland's weakness this year. I really wasn't that impressed with Dupree at all. He made a couple open layups on flex cuts, but it's not like he showed some good post moves or anything.

That said, I was SO impressed (and have been this whole year so far) by Adrian Bowie. That kid can play. You guys definitely have one of the better backcourts in the league, with Hayes, Vasquez, and Bowie, not to mention whatever Mosley can turn into (Haven't been that impressed with him either, but it's early).

IF any of the big guys can actually become ANY sort of inside presence, no doubt in my mind Maryland is a tournament team. That's a pretty big IF though, seeing as I haven't really seen anything from any of them that suggests that will happen. We'll see what happens this afternoon against a team with some good bigs (Daye and Heytvelt).

They also missed a ton of free throws.

That being said, this win is huge for the confidence of that team.

The best thing about last night is that MD is capable of playing a lot better.

Perhaps, but 9 of 19 from three and 17 of 21 from the line? No, they weren't perfect, but to expect this team to play "a lot better" may be asking a bit too much.

I was really impressed with Bowie, Moseley and Gregory. Bowie reminds me of a Johnny Rhodes type player. IF he can continue to hit the outside shot then he will be a major contributor. Moseley's basketball IQ is incredible. The play he made when he tipped it away from the Mich.St. player and then threw it to midcourt was incredible for any player, no less a freshmen. Gregory showed he could contribute solid minutes in the post position. Granted, Mich.St. was playing most of the game without a 5, but I really liked his energy.

I continue to scratch my head watching Dupree and Milbourne.

You can usually tell what type of game Milbourne is going to have in the first few minutes of the game. Either he commits a stupid foul, a bad turnover or a great play or dunk early on that dictates how he plays the rest of the game. Some games, such as last night, he couldn't get out of his own way. For the Terps to be successful this year they are going to need much more consistent play from Milbourne. I must give him credit for battling at the 4 spot. I know he's playing out of position this year so maybe it's going to take some time for him to adjust.

Dupree just seems to be a step slower than everyone else on the court. Whether he's missing a dunk, a pass or a layup on a "and 1". He's a big boy who needs to start throwing his weight around. He still seems timid on the court. He needs to just go out a play ball.

Today's game against Gonzaga should be interesting. Few always has intelligent teams. Overall, I feel we match up well with them. I'd like to see Bowie matched up against Pargo today. If Hayes is on Pargo, I think it's going to be a long day for the Terps.

Archived