POLL: Who Do You Want As Your Closer in 2009?

Old#5fan

Who Should the Orioles 2009 Closer Be?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should the Orioles 2009 Closer Be?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're overly concerned about poll results I've noticed. Especially since we vocally disagree with you a lot...why would poll results be any different from what we've said (excuse me, typed) out loud? Or do you think there's this vocal minority that doesn't speak up but votes on polls?

No, but I think the overall presence of posters on the OH are very intelligent baseball fans. I find it hard to believe they would not prefer Sherrill who made the allstar team as a closer last year over Chris Ray, who quite frankly I doubt would close for any other team in the division or even make the ML roster of the Rays, Sox, or Yankees.

No, but I think the overall presence of posters on the OH are very intelligent baseball fans. I find it hard to believe they would not prefer Sherrill who made the allstar team as a closer last year over Chris Ray, who quite frankly I doubt would close for any other team in the division.

Well Chris Ray was injured, so that isn't much of an accomplishment.

No, but I think the overall presence of posters on the OH are very intelligent baseball fans. I find it hard to believe they would not prefer Sherrill who made the allstar team as a closer last year over Chris Ray, who quite frankly I doubt would close for any other team in the division.

You just show the lack of intelligence with your argument by utilizing the "all-star team" reasoning for why Sherrill is better. Sherrill was picked because every team has to have an all-start. Just because Mark Redman gets picked from the Royals doesnt mean I want him starting over Jeremy Guthrie, or even Daniel Cabrera for that matter.

Sherrill wouldnt be closing for any other team in the division, so that argument goes out the window.

Dude, calm down. Do you not want free discussion in this thread?

No, I would prefer knowing The Wedge's preference between Sherrill, Ray or someone else. Even though you unfairly love to give me red pips repeatedly moreseo than anyone else on this entire board, at least you voted on the poll.

No, but I think the overall presence of posters on the OH are very intelligent baseball fans. I find it hard to believe they would not prefer Sherrill who made the allstar team as a closer last year over Chris Ray, who quite frankly I doubt would close for any other team in the division or even make the ML roster of the Rays, Sox, or Yankees.

The ASG is a popularity contest disguised as meritocracy. Sherril made it on dumb luck merit. Which is why the very intelligent baseball fans don't want him as the long term closer, and want to trade him while his value is high. Just because a guy had good luck closing for a few months doesn't make him a legit closer.

You just show the lack of intelligence with your argument by utilizing the "all-star team" reasoning for why Sherrill is better. Sherrill was picked because every team has to have an all-start. Just because Mark Redman gets picked from the Royals doesnt mean I want him starting over Jeremy Guthrie, or even Daniel Cabrera for that matter.

Sherrill wouldnt be closing for any other team in the division, so that argument goes out the window.

If Ray is so much better than Sherrill why hasn't he even sniffed an all-star team? Afterall, every team has to have an -allstar!:rolleyestf:

No, I would prefer knowing The Wedge's preference between Sherrill, Ray or someone else. Even though you unfairly love to give me red pips repeatedly moreseo than anyone else on this entire board, at least you voted on the poll.

Read my first post...I do not have a preference.

Or would you prefer that I just lie so you can cuddle up to the nice quantifiable poll result?

The ASG is a popularity contest disguised as meritocracy. Sherril made it on dumb luck merit. Which is why the very intelligent baseball fans don't want him as the long term closer, and want to trade him while his value is high. Just because a guy had good luck closing for a few months doesn't make him a legit closer.

True, but Chris Ray has never impressed me in the least. His fastball lacks movement, and he doesn't have great command of his slider/curve.

Read my first post...I do not have a preference.

Or would you prefer that I just lie so you can cuddle up to the nice quantifiable poll result?

Oh, okay I get it. Since the Orioles are in such overall sorry shape, you could care less who closes. I can understand that viewpoint now that you explained it. I thought before you were just intentionally being non-committal.

I'm sure he's crying in his beer tonight because he's never impressed you. He doesn't have to worry about impressing you, you know.

Of course I know. I am just expressing my opinion. I think Jim Johnson would make a much, much better closer than Ray. Ray reminds me a bit too much of Jorge Julio.

Archived