2022 MLB Draft Discussion (Use this thread to discuss all picks, not Orioles picks)

16 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Quick question, I couldn't find Tony's take on our 2021 MLB Draft, wondering if anyone can give me a link to or just a quick summary of where we spent our savings on Cowser? I know we ended up spending all of our available allocation, so a bit curious where that went...did it really all go to Creed Willems and John Rhodes (wasn't Rhodes just slightly over-slot anyways?) or were a number of picks ultimately a bit over-slot? (Norby, perhaps?) 

They didn't spend all. *

* Sorry folks just being accurate.

8 minutes ago, Flash- bd said:

Callis said in the chat that they had in all of Elias' drafts, was he wrong? Can you explain? 

Here is the 2021 draft tracker.

Slot Values  -  $11,829,300
Spent - $11,664,700
Savings - $164,600

I'm assuming the data is accurate.

Now pretty much everyone else just shrugged off not spending 164k and mock me for mentioning it.

To me the goal should be to spend between the allotment and the 4.9% overage.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

But if you can get 30 wins out of two guys or 34 wins out of five guys wouldn't you prefer the former?

Could see it both ways.  If you think you already have the generational talent (Adley?) then supplement it with many 3-5 Win guys over 2 guys.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Here is the 2021 draft tracker.

I'm assuming the data is accurate.

Now pretty much everyone else just shrugged off not spending 164k and mock me for mentioning it.

To me the goal should be to spend between the allotment and the 4.9% overage.

They signing 20 of 21 players.   I'm sure the 21st guy turned down the 164k.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MarCakes21 said:

Could see it both ways.  If you think you already have the generational talent (Adley?) then supplement it with many 3-5 Win guys over 2 guys.

I'm not going to say it's always for the best but in general I want to consolidate wins into as few positions as possible.