Red Sox-Astros - best of 3

Just Regular

It had an assist from generic rooting for Game 7 and more baseball, but being in the Astros corner for that rally (perhaps marking high water mark of Nate Eovaldi career attainment) was a fun 8th/9th inning.

I didn't love still using Pressly with the big lead, but looking at Roster Resource everybody but tonight's bulk hero Cristian Javier had pitched yesterday except Odorizzi, so Dusty maybe didn't have another option besides sending Jake Odorizzi down there to try and warm up hastily as they were making it 9-2.   Top of Red Sox lineup got precious looks at Pressly going towards last three games.

I guess we get Framber v. Sale/Houck tomorrow afternoon.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

The Red Sox are out.   Now I can exhale.  

Seconded.   My whole  "the Red Sox are actually pretty bad, 2021 was a dead cat bounce, and I'd rather be Us than Them from here (even setting aside the lifelong fandom bits of the filter)" position may have grown untenable with a few more fortunate dice rolls, but luck don't last forever.

They did good service though upsetting the divisional rivals I thought were actually World Series contenders!