2021 Astros-Braves World Series

Just Regular

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

If the next CBA results in a universal DH, this will be the last game in baseball history where the DH is not permitted.

Greinke got a pinch hit.

Martin Maldonado's 5th inning bases loaded walk to tie the game was fantastic....best PA for putting runs on the board in the 0% swing rate style I've ever seen.   The broadcast did a nice job showing how he moved his standing position half the width of the batter's box vs. his "regular AB" earlier in the game.

36 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Greinke got a pinch hit.

Martin Maldonado's 5th inning bases loaded walk to tie the game was fantastic....best PA for putting runs on the board in the 0% swing rate style I've ever seen.   The broadcast did a nice job showing how he moved his standing position half the width of the batter's box vs. his "regular AB" earlier in the game.

Very impressive rebound by the Astros in this game. After Duvall's grand slam in the first inning, the Astros were on the ropes and could have let the series slip away with the Braves clinching at home. 

Braves can still win it, but need to make a comeback now. The Astros offense is a beast and they are never totally out of a game. 

Very interesting play in the bottom of the first in game 6. GB to the 1Bman, looks at 2B, throws a little late to the P covering. The pitcher's right leg is heading towards the bag... runner actually steps right on the P's ankle, stops it from hitting the bag. But the runner's foot never actually touched the bag either!

Called safe. Didn't even ask for a review. Must be some rule technicality I don't know of. :confused:

I am guessing Freddie Freeman is not going to break out any of the free agent Gerrit Cole "Speaking only as a representative of myself" type quotes after the game tonight.

Being on the winning team will help with that sort of thing.   Freeman should be in a pretty good spot entering those talks.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:31 PM, scOtt said:

Very interesting play in the bottom of the first in game 6. GB to the 1Bman, looks at 2B, throws a little late to the P covering. The pitcher's right leg is heading towards the bag... runner actually steps right on the P's ankle, stops it from hitting the bag. But the runner's foot never actually touched the bag either!

Called safe. Didn't even ask for a review. Must be some rule technicality I don't know of. :confused:

An umpire will never call a runner out initially for missing a base.  It is an appeal play.  The appeal must properly be made prior to the runner returning to the bag.

• Upvote 1