Orioles plan on making noise at Winter Meetings

JTrea81

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, then we should feel lucky we have AM. Because winning now means trading all of our farm talent. And that's a sure fire way to be losing again by 2011.

Not neccessarily. Tex, Burnett, and a pitcher like Moyer and a solid SS can get us pretty close. Then it will be up to our younger pitchers to take us all the way...

He won't win NOW, even if he adds Teixeira. Didn't he want to win last year, or the year before....?

Winning to me means playing 500 or better this year. That is a WINNING record. Which if I am explaining this right would mean WINNING!

Not saying you, but sometimes I think 1/2 the board would like for us to keep loosing so there is something to complain about. Maybe I am just reading the vibes wrong.:confused:

Winning to me means playing 500 or better this year. That is a WINNING record. Which if I am explaining this right would mean WINNING!

Not saying you, but sometimes I think 1/2 the board would like for us to keep loosing so there is something to complain about. Maybe I am just reading the vibes wrong.:confused:

Well there is a BIG difference between defining winning as above .500 and actually being in the playoff picture in Sept. with 20 games to go.

If PA wants to win now, then he needs to add Sheets, Burnett, Dunn and Tex.

EDIT: I see Belkast doesn't mean contending in 2009.

I don't necessarily think that he needs to do this. I think there could be a combination of other moves that could be made as well. I don't think we'd be a playoff contender, but I think we could set ourselves up nicely for 2010.

EDIT: Sorry...I typed this before your edit!

I don't necessarily think that he needs to do this. I think there could be a combination of other moves that could be made as well. I don't think we'd be a playoff contender, but I think we could set ourselves up nicely for 2010.

2010 is the target!

Fordin doesn't know much about the team IMO, but he still reports news. And this is news that needed reporting...

Absolutely nothing in either of the quotes he published indicate a plan to "make noise" in the form of Burnett or Tex. The rest of the article seems like a regurgitation of what's been discussed ad nauseum here over the last few weeks.

Yawn.

Archived