Greene on the way to Baltimore? No.

Fan4Life

100th post! only took me a year...

Question: Does Greene have negative trade value with his OPS and $6.5m price tag?

Pure speculation based on the Churchill stuff from the other thread, but any chance we bypass the cubs and and trade Olson straight to the Pads? Churchill said that we asked for Headley... is that completely out of the question if we were taking on all of Greene's salary as well?

O's get: Greene, Headley

Pad's get: Olson, (Lower level prospect, Berken maybe?)

Like I said, pure speculation, but I wanted my #100 post to be good :)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: Does Greene have negative trade value with his OPS and $6.5m price tag?

Pure speculation based on the Churchill stuff from the other thread, but any chance we bypass the cubs and and trade Olson straight to the Pads? Churchill said that we asked for Headley... is that completely out of the question if we were taking on all of Greene's salary as well?

What's Headley's stats like? Just wondering since I haven't really looked at too many of the Padres prospects outside of Blanks.

Headley was their #1 prospect last year per BA, so I highly doubt you pry him away without ponying up one of Tillman or Arrieta.

What's Headley's stats like? Just wondering since I haven't really looked at too many of the Padres prospects outside of Blanks.

Hit .269/.337/.420 last year in 331 ABs.

AAA '08: .305/.383/.556 in 259 ABs

AA '07: .330/.437/.580 in 433 Abs.

Looks to have a hell of a bat.

Guest BrettMeister86

No we need a legit SS unless he is trying to get the Cubs to add Cedeno to Pie for Olson now that would be a better deal for the O's. Either way I'd be happy but I have a feeling we should hear new developments soon. Insiders get on the phones... : )

Archived